1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira question

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 1, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

is there any way to switch stances with akira? i know with jacky its d,d but i cant find anything on switching stances without attacking with akira.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Without attacking? No. This is a Jacky only ability.
    You can change Akira's stance with SDE, PP, Knee, etc...come to think of it, why would you want to? Akira is not a big stance dependent character. ;)

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Re: foot stance change

Well, Akira kinda is dependent on the foot stance, at least in my gameplay. Crouch-walk backward is VERY important when Akira's middle-kick or DE is blocked. Crouch-walk backward from the left-foot-in-front-stance carries Akira back an extra distance.

My favorite is to do that and go for a shoulder if I see a move whiff. And if the opponent realizes my bahavior and go for a throw, it would be the best time to do SPoD.

In this regard, almost every character is foot stance dependent, maybe with an exception of Taka or perhaps Wolf (a minor differences in his float combos).