1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira Questions...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by EDK, Feb 21, 2002.

1. EDK

EDK Active Member

How do you do Akira's

1) Fast double palm after f,f + P as seen in combo?
    2) The rising knee?

2. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

d/f,d/f,b,f+P.
    K+G in double quick timing. Lots clever talkers e.g. Dxpxhxt no.2 will go into depth. Ask him. FeixaQ.

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

the double palm is a modified double palm:

Double palm command: (D = fully crouched)
    D, b, f+p

(m)double palm: ("df, df" = crouch dash from standing)
    "df, df", b, f+p

the crouch dash instantly puts you into a crouch state. Merely hold the joystick down requires a certain number of frames(5 frames I think?) before you are actually considered crouching.

Quickly buffering "df, df" after the elbow, while holding the second "df" down and waiting for the elbow animation to finish. Then do the "b, f+p" at the right timing.

This technique will work for the shoulder ram "D, f+pk" and the Ferocious Tiger climbing Mountain "D, F+p"

The Knee:
    Command for the knee is separated into three parts:

1, K+G together and hold
    2, Release the "G"
    3, Release the "K"

the above three steps must be done within 10 frames."K+G" together but the "G" must be released before the "K". 10 frames is approx 1/6th seconds.

Most common techniques is to have your "G" slide off the edge of the button.

4. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I think the G is only supposed to be held for 1 frame.
    So it is K+G(Release G in 1 frame).

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I learned how to do the knee ages ago reading Joji's Akira FAQ. Imo, it's one of the best descriptions on how to do it.

You may be wondering what the heck this is. You're right. It is
    difficult to execute. The G button has to be tapped for only 1 frame worth.
    That's 1/60 of a second. I get this to work like this: tap G+K using your
    index finger and ring finger, respectively, but sort of 'scrape' the guard
    button with your index finger. Kind of like a flick. Keep holding the kick
    button. You need to get used to it, but it actually works well with this
    method.

Thank you Joji. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I personally use my thumb on guard and my middle finger on kick, but the principle still applies.

hope this helps.
    cheers,

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Actually I dont flick.. I can actually release my thumb off the G successfully and accurately..

But somewhere between VF2 and VF3 I stopped using my thumb to hold guard but seem to have shifted to using index finger for guard now.

7. EDK

EDK Active Member

1) I see... seems like mastering crounch dash is essential for Akira.

2) Wooh... i've to do that for just a simple rising knee? Is this rising knee very useful or having very good priority? I don't see much application in any of the vs movie around though...

Some more questions
    3) After b + GPK parry/counter what's the most damaging and guaranty combo?

4) After f,b + GP -> u/d -> PK throw what's the most damaging and guaranty combo?

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

2) Akira's knee is good for okizeme, like a Wolf/Jeff/Jacky/Sarah player would use it. But you're right. Akira has plenty of other options... Knee is stylish, but shoulder ram or yoho give just as good floats and are much easier to do.

3) AS3??? I really dunno... it has been discussed before. This gives the same record scratch and push onto your butt animation as Sarah's low punch reversal, no? Can't remember... ugh. Never mind...

9. LittleWild

3) If you inashi a low punch or a high kick, SpoD is confirmed follow up.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

2. The knee has pretty good priority and would be useful if it wasn't so hard. It will beat rising attacks I think, and if it hits, a combo is pretty much assured.

3. After b+PKG a SPoD is guaranteed.
    4. In version C, after b,f+P+G, u, P+K ... do f,f,f+P, DLC. That's guaranteed.
    In version B. you can get out of it, but it's still good to try.

11. LittleWild

Creed, do you know how the b+PKG frame advantage is caluculated?
    hp: +14~+26 (That is why I said only lp and hk can tag with SPoD)
    hk: +22~+34
    lp: +25~+37

when do you get a +14 and when do you get a +26?

12. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Usually that mean's that it's strugglable. Not that it helps much if you got your LP or HK caught., but struggling hard enough will at best keep you from eating a shoulder from a HP inashi.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oop, I never noticed the differences. Well, the low punch one definitely guarantees it. Do you get animations that are different depending on the attack, or is it always the butt-stumble animation? If there are different animations, the butt stumble one is the one that guarantees a spod.

14. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

There are diff. animations for inashi, the LP ones make opp. stumble on his ass and Spod is guaranteed. Other just has opp. spazing out for a sec and coming back to senses.
    If you wanna spice up your combos try doing 2/3 DLC into a CD modified move. DLC needs to slide out without returning to N -> d/f+K+G,f+P (i.e. no neutral stick in between 2/3 moves). This would turn into knee, 2/3 DLC, m-dblplm (your gonna need a high float on this one though | confirmed on LW) -> K+G!G, d/f+K+G, f+P, (n), d/b,d/b, b, f+P ( the neutral is optional, but I do it for guaranteed execution's sake, replace the knee with whatever float starter ).
    Other practical knowledge would be drilling "P[G], m-shrm, insert finisher (m-dblplm, Fujin, BC, d+K, etc)" into an instinct. Make it become second nature to pull it out whenever a float opportunity arises : I often find myself fucking up a m-singlepalm into a Yoho instead and causing a float, so I instinctively pull a P[G], m-shrm. Accidental floats often occur with 2 other moves aswell -> the sidekick (toekick/d/f+K) & double hammer punch (b,f+P+K). Make sure you nail P[G], m-shrm.