1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira setups

Discussion in 'Akira' started by pearl, Apr 30, 2002.

1. pearl

pearl Member

Ok, on my quest to master Akira(which is about 6 months old) I have hit a road block. I am getting better at the SPoD and DLC(it's hard as hell to do consistently on PS2 controller), and can get the AS3 off 100% of the time. Also I can do his modified sdrm on reflex. Now my problem is the only too people I play against are my older bro who is a average Lion player, and my friend who is a great Jeffery player. I play these foolz quite a bit and they have all of my float setups down pat, it's to the point where I only get like one flaot chance every 3 rounds.

So, I was wondering if any of the expirienced Akira players here have any clever setups or was to condition thier opponents to fall pray to a float starter. Or just some lesser known Akira info that could help me out.

Thanks.

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Dodge alot and do a D,f+p+k if they whiff with a move.

use SDE(f,f,f+p) if you don't hit them, you can follow up with D,f+p+k cos most people will try to throw you or punch you.

d/f+p+k. Easy to MC and do a double kick.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Huh?

4. pearl

pearl Member

buyaodawo81: thanks for the info.

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

You can also do a stumble throw combo...just wait till you block a throw counterable move and try ST~SJK~P~DJK... I think that should work on anyone and it does around 75 damage...or do ST~SJK~P~P~DLC on lighter characters...those are pretty easy combos to pull off but don't get too predictable with your throws...hope that helped a little

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

small note... you can struggle after stumble throw(b,d+p+g) to block the SJK.

7. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

pearl, if you can do knee, use it to Mc rising kicks. Floats high enough to do Mc knee->p->*mshram->*mdblpalm for 97pts in any stance(doesn't work on jeff and wolf though). Plenty of opportunities to pull it off too.(I'm sure your mates do rising kicks.) After a while if they don't do rising kicks anymore, throw the hell out of them.

8. pearl

pearl Member

Thanks for that info BMF that should help me out alot.

Danny13: Hell no I can't pull that knee off on a PS2 controller!
    With those damn presure sensative buttons, I can't get the scraping the edge of the button trick to work.

On a joystick I don't think it would be that hard though.

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

On a joystick I don't think it would be that hard though

<hr></blockquote>

Oh u'll be surprised.

10. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

buyaodawo81: are you sure the SJK can be blocked if the ST is struggled? I was under the impression that it is guaranteed but it doesn't float as high as it did in VF3. What about the SgPm follow up?...that's guaranteed right?

pearl: you should also try to condition your opponent...for example try LP or LBF if they hit then try the Shrm, but if they continually block it then start throwing them after the LP or LBF as they are expecting a Shrm so they'll be blocking. Furthermore, like buyaodawo81said, if the LBF MC's them then you get a free DJK.

11. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

yes SJK can be blocked. That's why you dont see people doing it even though it's more damage /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What about the SgPm follow up?...that's guaranteed right?

<hr></blockquote>
    Ermm after like 2000 games of akira vs human players. I can safely say that it's 99% confirmed. Cos my SgPm was blocked twice before.

12. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

I support the points buyaodawuo81 made. SJK can be easily block after ST. Singleplm too can be struggle and block after ST. I saw this kind of situaltion three times already. It cannot be that our singleplm was late as it is canned in. i.e d,f+p immediation after doing b,d+p.