1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

akira SPoD and combos

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Nov 13, 2001.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Okay, last night I was on some website looking for some possible Akira combos and came across some possible combos. The problem here being the site was in Chinese text and I could not make out some portions. Does anyone know if it is possible to do some of the combos mentioned:
    1) shoulder ram, shoulder ram, double palm
    2) df+P+K+G, shoulder ram, d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P
    3) f,f+P, f,f,f+P, SPoD
    4) shoulder ram, SPoD
    If #3 and #4 are possible that is cool but, I admit that I have my work cut out for me.
    Also, does anyone know if you can SPoD when someone is rolling to get up?
    Thanks for any advice!

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. I'm sure it's possible, it was doable in VF3 IIRC, and VF4 floats are higher.
    2. Dunno.
    3. No. I'm pretty sure f,f,f+P, SPoD needs a major counter to work, so it must be the first hit of the combo.
    4. No. SPoD doesn't work on airborne opponents.

Spodding rollers - if you're talking about quick rollers, I think it's doable. I may have it in a clip somewhere. As far as I know a quickroller is considered a crouching and hittable by any midlevel or low attack. As for Spodding someone who is just doing a normal roll to get up (GGGGGG) probably not.