1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira T. where are you!?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by tragic, Apr 8, 2002.

1. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Hey Akira, whasup! What have you and Don been up too? I recently got VF4 for PS2 and I've been working on a lot of new Sarah tricks and combos. I also took up Kage and Akira (but I suck with them at the moment). Anyway, do you guys still come to SVGL to play? Or do you only play at home / gatherings now? Lemme know... I want to try my new stuff out on you guys hehe.

ben

2. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Hey Ben I haven't heard from you or seen you in a while. It's good that you're still perfecting your Sarah. I've picked up two new characters since the last time we met. I've completely gave up on Lau and Wolf. I'll probably use them as a backup only. The main characters now are Aoi and Pai. I still need a lot of improvement but it's worth the challenge.
    Well I've been practicing @ home and going to Bay Area VF gathering to test my skills. Don has picked up a new hobby playing magic cards. He still plays but only once in a while. The last time I talked to him, it sounded like he is going to start playing more again.
    Well if you want to play I can meet you at SVGL on Fridays. Let me know what your schedule is like. I'll call up Don to see if he wants to go. Also we can ask Jen if she wants to meet up @ SVGL.

3. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey Benny & 2P Aoi!

I should be able to make it on Friday, but it depends on when I finish at Genentech. I'll head to Stanford and give you guys a ring when I'm done. Besides, I haven't had corn dogs in ages! We should play some Beatmania and PF there too!

4. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

YO!

Hey Akira! You gave up Wolf and Lau?!?! They were your trademarks! hehe.

Anyway, I definitely want to play some high level comp again. I was out of the VF scene for a bit while I worked on my CVS2 game. Now that I have it on PS2, I'm playing like crazy. I have a High King Sarah now... hehe (I still think "Emperor" sounds better, but everyone says High King is the best ranking in USA version...).

Drop me a private msg with your # or something so we can hook up some time. I don't mind driving down to your area either if you are looking for some comp.

Lemme know!

ben

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

Re: YO!

this friday at svgl... i'll probably be there... yea!!!!!!! well i hope i can make it depending on things that may come up.. hope to see all of you there!