1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira vs Jeffery help

Discussion in 'Akira' started by pearl, Apr 1, 2002.

1. pearl

pearl Member

I am a decent Akira player (who is really try'in to get better). I still can't really do the DLC or SPoD but I can do some decent float combos off of the shoulder ram and Yoho uppercut.

Anyway my friend uses big J (for a very long time) and he has become very good with him (he can force you into getting thrown, like crazy). My problem is I CAN'T beat him with Akira, because he never blocks down so I can't get him with my shrm or anything else that would float him.

I have also tried to condition him to block down but he won't because he knows I am almost powerless without my floating tools. So does anyone have any info or tactics on what I should do to fix this. And maybe some advice on how to do that DLC and SPoD on a PS2 controller. I can kind of do the DLC but the back check comes out like a half second after the elbow, it's not like on smooth motion (does that still count)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Throw.

Thread moved.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The way you get Jeff to crouch is to throw him.
    df+P+G followed by ground punch will get you started. Start mixing up throws once your friend starts escaping df.

The body check coming out delayed after the elbow means your doing the DLC way to slow. Speed up the b,f,f+P+K motion. The DLC animation is very fast... 1-2-3.

4. pearl

pearl Member

Thanks Yupa I will try that out.

5. takira

takira Well-Known Member

use ps2 botton settings like r1 r2 or l1 l2
    set them as u please & use them for spod & dlc
    if u get problems with the body cheek in spod
    try b,df hold df p+k
    ho it helps u /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. pearl

pearl Member

When you say use those buttons for the DLC and SPoD, do you have them set as p+k and k+g, because I have those settings and I still can't do it.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

As mentioned by the responses, you'll want to use throws to condition an opponent who blocks high a lot. In addition, you also have the guard breaks which are f+P+G and d+P+G.

If your opponent doesn't have fast reflexes, you can also go for df+P+K, though I imagine any sort of seasoned player has seen this way too often and can easily deal with it (CPU does it a lot, some players use it quite a bit as well).

-Chanchai

8. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Anti heavies strategy.

---shram Mc->(close stance)p->f,f+k,k.
    ->(open stance)f,f+k,k.
    shram normal hit(close stance)->f,f+k,k.
    These will do more damage than DLC.

Heavies that don't like to crouch.(Beside throwing them.)

-----f+p+g(high guard break)->singlepalm->p->*mdblpalm.
    ->spod(if your opponent can't
    struggle in time.)
    ->(close stance)f,f+k,k

9. pearl

pearl Member

Thanks, I will try this stuff out.