1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira Vs Lei Matchup - Help! What are Akira's best tools against Lei?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Junsuina Chikara, May 31, 2013.

1. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Hi all. Out of all the matchups, I struggle the most with Lei players. I tried different attacks but the majority of the time, I lose against the Lei player. I think, in general, I have a problem with players who attack constantly and do not trade turns with me by guarding sometimes. I just meet a Lei who constantly attacks, without stopping and it drives me insane. I always use to use either P or DE to try and interrupt their offense but the problem is that the Lei player often sabaki's my DE, Knee or SDE. I'm aware that Lei's one-legged stance sabakis elbows, P, 2P but doesn't sabaki shoulder ram, double barrel half circular and bodycheck but all 3 options do not give me an opportunity to maintain my offense as all 3 options lead to a knockdown. A knockdown isn't so bad but my okizeme game is bad in general so it's almost like a reset whenever they get knocked down. So what are Akira's best tools against Lei-Fei? Thanks

2. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Becareful of leifei 2p+k+g(hai stance) pp+k it is +9 on guard, his pp from that same stance are both high atks and + on guard. I see many ppl online would literally atk at disadvantage many times and not realize it. Lei could easily use his 1p+k 20 frame launcher and net big damage after the pp+k scenario.

lei is also +advantage after p6p goes to doku stance, akira low kick can interrupt and knock down lei from doku stance from there as long as he doesnt input k+g from doku or end the third p of the string.

After lei fei p6pp(goes to hai stance) is guarded both players are at 0 frames. From here lei can use his 10frame p from hai stance to beat many atks but if you use akira low k you can interupt him but if lei uses hai k after p6pp then you will get launched. Mixup between evading, guard and the 2k poke.

HIs nehan stance 1p+k+g atks( p+k and p)are sabakis, use 2p or low kick to interupt once you see this stance. If lei just uses 2p+k, akira can poke him out of it even if lei tries to stance transition to doku, hai , suirakan at small disadvantage however if leifei uses the second part of 2p+k string then leifei will get a stomach crumple if opponent tries to interupt 2p+kp.

When guarding nehan p+kp, that move gives leifei advantage on guard however p+kpp is very unsafe,punishable and/or easily evadable.
    His other option pk string also give lei big advantage on guard. Its best to guard or evade to his front side.

If lei is in koko stance ( some moves that goes into koko stance 6k, 2p+kp, 8k,or nehan k+g <--- this one is +on guard and +20 on CH )its best to use nonsabakable moves against koko stance ,use either small movement to bait or force lei to give up the initiative or simply guard and use spacing. Koko k is lei fastest option that sabakis low atks except low sweeps but if guarded lei is vulunerable.

Sometimes being patient defensively helps, Many leifei players even myself be forgetting to throw once in a while and without throws that can make leifei one dimensional focusing too much on attacking

Lézardo and Junsuina Chikara like this.
  3. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Thanks VFNumbers! :). I'll take your notes into consideration next time I play a Lei :)

4. Lézardo

Lézardo Active Member

PSN:
    LezardoLeopardo
    i'm not expert of lei but you have to create space vs lei imo,try back dash 46p+K to make him wiff he's mix up,
    evade is a nightmare vs some lei that always attack,change stance,attack ect...

hope it'll help you a little to fight BERSERK lei :)

5. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    leifei 2p+kp(goes to koko -6 on guard) , 4pp(-9 on guard), p+kpp(punishable), doku kp(-3 on guard) are leifei crazy tracking moves. Its best to guard them than evading.
    Entries to kyo stance on guard 6pp+k+g is +4, 3pp+k+g is +3, p+kpp+k+g is -1, 6p+kpp+k+g is +3.

Lézardo likes this.
  6. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    I've had the most luck with 46p+k and the shoulder

most lei-feis I play are toast if they're not going through their steps, so smacking them out of it goes a long ways