1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by bhgoh, Dec 18, 2001.

1. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Hi all, new to this forum but I'm a VS player since version 2. Anyway, in this latest version, does anyone know what are the counter-attack moves of Akira??? Hmmm... ... tried all ways but just couldn't get it to counter-attacked.

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

do you mean reversals? If so:

b+P+K -- high reversal
    b/d+P+K -- mid reversal
    d+P+K -- low reversal

Pretty different to VF2, if you skipped 3 =]

grib.

3. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Oh I c, now it's p+k instead. Thanks alot gribbly! Btw are you an Akira fanatic?

4. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

No, not a fanatic. I enjoy playing him, and had an average to quite good VF2/3 Akira. Simple but effective, but I like reversals too much to be really dangerous with him. He was my main character in 3. Barely touched him in 4 so far.

On a pure character design level, Akira is my favourite fighting game character in any game, and his b,f+P+G throw my favourite move. It's just such a powerful looking animation. With the bodycheck, it defines VF for me. Hmmm... maybe I *am* a fanatic after all.

=]

grib.

5. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Ha ha! Akira has been my favourite player since VF2. I started out with Jacky at first, yea, but after seeing some pros playing Akira, I begin to like it very much. Especially it's 3 moves P+K+G, b, d+P+K, b+P. that alsome move!!!!!!!!!!
    Yea, also like b,f+P+G move. It's something like I've never seen before. Ha! Anyway, where do you obtained the VF4 move? Have search the web, but all materials are written in Japanese :( , don't understand a single word post up!!

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The move lists will be on this site pretty soon, and they'll be very easy to use.
    In the meantime, this site has move lists in english:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtuaproject.com>www.virtuaproject.com</a> - all the character's moves are on the left, click the name.

7. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Thanks alot for that link. Are you from Hong Kong?

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

nope I'm from the USA. I know maybe one or two people from hong kong lah~

9. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

I just got started on VF3 a little while ago but i got used to SPoD hit #2 command being b,df+P+K.
    Then I play VF4, and the only thing I can't get to work is SPoD. I'm hearing that it's actually easier in VF4, and I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me, because I couldn't get it a single time despite trying it again and again. I tried different timings... I tried to make my motions super precise. Then I find out that they changed it to b,df+P+G
    grrr....

10. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

I see, cause I'm from Singapore, and have a couple of friends from HongKong. So how the VF4 scene in north America?

11. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Sorry Ellinas, don't really understand what you meant by SpoD :( , maybe it's the throw b,f+P+K in the eariler version of VF? Anyway, it's must be frustrating to just get the wrong buttons!!!!!! So how do you rate your Akira!

12. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Sorry Ellinas, don't really understand what you meant by SpoD

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but here goes:

SPoD (Stun Palm o' Doom)- P+K+G-> b, df+P+G-> b (or f)+P

Close-in Ram- b, f+P+K (VF2), b, f+P+G (VF3)

If I am misreading, sorry. No offense intended.

13. Ellinas

Oh, sorry about that bhgoh, I'm used to using the shortened versions. Thanks for clearing it up ghostdog.

How would I rate my Akira? I don't think I can rate my Akira because the competition where I play is really really bad. There's this one guy who calls me "master" hahahahaha. I'm going to start going to a different arcade soon, then I'll see if my Akira is any good.

14. Ellinas

Oh wait, actually I believe you missed an input on the last move.
    P+K+G-> b,df+P+G-> d,f (or b)+P is the correct input.

15. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Gosh! I c. so that's SpoD. So what other characters do you play as? and where do you reside? (country)

16. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

So that's the SPoD. Hey GhostDog, you're gd. I learned that there is a new throw by Akira which actually f,f,b+P+G, followed by b+P+G or u+P+G. Just wanna know whether if there is any other combinations.

17. ghostdog

Hey GhostDog, you're gd.

Huh? Now I'm really lost!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

I learned that there is a new throw by Akira which actually f,f,b+P+G, followed by b+P+G or u+P+G.

I think the throw you're referring to is the fake grasping mind(?) throw. The motions are f, b+P+G. Here are some followups:

f, b+P+G-> u or d: It functions as a surprise exchange. No damage, and as far as I know, no guaranteed followups
    f, b+P+G-> u+P+K or d+P+K: It's a little like the Reverse Bodycheck. It can be blocked by either u+G (for u+P+K) or d+G (d+P+K). Possible followups are the super dashing elbow-> DLC
    f, b+P+G-> P+K: It looks like the shini ha (db, f+P+G) but a lot less powerful.

You really should look at virtuaproject.com/virtuacode. There's a movelist there, and lots of other info about Akira. Or use the search engine here at VFDC to find some threads about VF4 Akira. Again, tons of info on Mr. Yuki.

re:Ellinas

Yah, thanks for the correction. I usually just tap back after the b, df+P+G motion. It just feels a lot more natural to me, and seems so much easier than d+P. But that's just me.

18. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Stop apologizing to each other!! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

P+K+G-> b,df+P+G-> d,f (or b)+P is the official input for SPoD, but you really don't need to touch down on the stick after the b,df+P+G. You just need to return the stick to back (the same direction that started the b,df+P+G) or rotate it up the short distance from df to forward and tap punch.

Stun palm of doom or SPoD is the western bastardization/abbreviation for this combo. In Japan they call it Akira's 3-hit combo or Akira Special (1). Akira Special 2 (AS2) is the Dragon Lance combo or DLC (df+K+G, f+P, b,f,f+P+K)). And Akira Special 3 (AS3) is the new Fujin combo (d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P).

bhgoh, if you're in Singapore right now, try to hook up with a couple of the regulars from this forum who are visiting back home for the holidays, Ice-9 and Feixaq. Check out the Jamboree forum for other Singapore regulars too like alantan, alucard and Genie47, to name but a few.

19. ghostdog

Stop apologizing to each other!!

/versus/images/icons/tongue.gifpphhhhpppphhhtttt

sorry..../versus/images/icons/wink.gif

20. bhgoh

bhgoh Member

Thanks for the information, Ghostdog!