1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Jan 8, 2002.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Question for any Akira experts.
    What moves (if any) are guarateed a crumble without a counter? Is it just St Dbl Palm? Any others?
    Also, does someone know where I can find a movelist w/ frame rates?
    Thanks for any tips or info!!

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Currently, there are no movelists that can give u any sort of frame rate details simply because non have been released by Sega.

Our best bet is to wait till Feb. That's when enterbrain will released 'Virtua Fighter 4 blue book advance phase' in Japan. Exactly which day in Feb...no one knows for sure.

What I do know is it'll have Sexy Sarah on the front cover, another reason for Genie other Sarah fans out there to run out and get the book /versus/images/icons/wink.gif~

Well that's one question answered

After discussing with some other VFers...our conclusion was that to our best knowledge, the overhead double palm is the only move to cause a KD without mc requirements.

Of coz, the only time when overhead double palm doesn't causes a KD is when the move connects while opponent is the air. When this happens, opponent is immediately slammed to the ground..to which the opponent can immediately TR/OR.

3. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Will that book be translated into English?

4. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Hell No.

5. Enkindu

That's not good.

6. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Enkindu,
    you of all people do not need that book from what I hear. Leave it for us bottom feeders.

7. Enkindu

No, I'm a scrub, I suck. Really I do. What is AS3?<evil grin>

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I'll give ya some frame advice right now Enk. Stop attacking after a blocked d+p. You're at a disadvantage;)

9. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Only Standing double palm gives a confirm crumble. Did u know that (b,f+P) bounces opponents off the ground when hit? Opponent cannot TR immediately thus a combo can followup. I see that DLC isn't that damaging... I've personally done a double Kick (f,f+K,K)... its good and simple. All characters 'eat' the double kick all the time except Pai and Aoi. Maybe Akira haf to do a change in the second K timing...

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    that combo is stance-based, not weight based. AFAIK it only works in open stance.

Spotlite

11. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

If your interested in getting swollen fingers, try this : Yoho/Shrm, P[G], knee, BC
    Sadly its only a 35/40 % combo. Whereas QCB+P, DBC takes off 100 points...go figure...

<font color=white> "Thank you for playing. You are real Virtua Fighter. Please try and show us your good fight again"</font color=white>

12. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I'm ok with double kicks... I feel a sudden surge of explosion and guts to pursue my fallen opponent... This can be explained by the emotions of opponents being demoralised to see his/her life bar shortened by 1/4 by a simple yet damaging combo... (a shd ram and dbl kicks)... Your advice is great but i luv my fingers and don't want to tire them (",). You can tell me more abt Lau if u use him... He's actually my best character!

13. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I *like* DJK combos... only a little weaker than P(G)-DLC, very easy, and more stylish than an extra shrm.