Akira

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Jan 8, 2002.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Question for any Akira experts.
    What moves (if any) are guarateed a crumble without a counter? Is it just St Dbl Palm? Any others?
    Also, does someone know where I can find a movelist w/ frame rates?
    Thanks for any tips or info!!

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Currently, there are no movelists that can give u any sort of frame rate details simply because non have been released by Sega.

Our best bet is to wait till Feb. That's when enterbrain will released 'Virtua Fighter 4 blue book advance phase' in Japan. Exactly which day in Feb...no one knows for sure.

What I do know is it'll have Sexy Sarah on the front cover, another reason for Genie other Sarah fans out there to run out and get the book /versus/images/icons/wink.gif~

Well that's one question answered

After discussing with some other VFers...our conclusion was that to our best knowledge, the overhead double palm is the only move to cause a KD without mc requirements.

Of coz, the only time when overhead double palm doesn't causes a KD is when the move connects while opponent is the air. When this happens, opponent is immediately slammed to the ground..to which the opponent can immediately TR/OR.

3. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Will that book be translated into English?

4. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Hell No.

5. Enkindu

That's not good.

6. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Enkindu,
    you of all people do not need that book from what I hear. Leave it for us bottom feeders.

7. Enkindu

No, I'm a scrub, I suck. Really I do. What is AS3?<evil grin>

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I'll give ya some frame advice right now Enk. Stop attacking after a blocked d+p. You're at a disadvantage;)

9. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Only Standing double palm gives a confirm crumble. Did u know that (b,f+P) bounces opponents off the ground when hit? Opponent cannot TR immediately thus a combo can followup. I see that DLC isn't that damaging... I've personally done a double Kick (f,f+K,K)... its good and simple. All characters 'eat' the double kick all the time except Pai and Aoi. Maybe Akira haf to do a change in the second K timing...

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    that combo is stance-based, not weight based. AFAIK it only works in open stance.

Spotlite

11. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

If your interested in getting swollen fingers, try this : Yoho/Shrm, P[G], knee, BC
    Sadly its only a 35/40 % combo. Whereas QCB+P, DBC takes off 100 points...go figure...

<font color=white> "Thank you for playing. You are real Virtua Fighter. Please try and show us your good fight again"</font color=white>

12. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I'm ok with double kicks... I feel a sudden surge of explosion and guts to pursue my fallen opponent... This can be explained by the emotions of opponents being demoralised to see his/her life bar shortened by 1/4 by a simple yet damaging combo... (a shd ram and dbl kicks)... Your advice is great but i luv my fingers and don't want to tire them (",). You can tell me more abt Lau if u use him... He's actually my best character!

13. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I *like* DJK combos... only a little weaker than P(G)-DLC, very easy, and more stylish than an extra shrm.