1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's b,ff+pkg

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Jason Cha, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Inashi's low punches as well as high ones. Also one of Lei Fei's stances reverses all p's as well it seems. Gotta try it with Aoi's b+pkg. Anyway, makes inashis a bit more interesting.

Timing with Akira, Lion, and Shun's inashis are a real pain in the ass. Haven't figured them out yet.

-Jason

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Had some fun experimenting with Akira tonight, together with Jason Cha and Jamie. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Akira's b,f,f+P+K+G deflects high P, high K, low P (not elbows, side kicks, low kicks etc.). The deflection animation against low P is especially amusing; the opponent stumbles backwards and is stunned for a fair amount of time. If you can actually time it right, you can follow up the b,f,f+P+K+G with a b,f+P (canned combo) followed by a DLC OTB... but... it's a real bitch to time given the complexity of the move.

Lei Fei's Independent stance (u+P+K+G or PP) reverses high, mid, low P -- elbows, dragon punches, knife hands etc. -- EXCEPT double fisted attacks like Akira's FC, b, f+P or Lau's P+K.

Akira
    --------
    PIT short shoulder is not guaranteed (You can block the short shoulder)
    PIT SE RBC is not guaranteed (You can block the canned RBC, although the block recovery timing must be precise)
    f+P+G break guard (closed stance) can be followed up with d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P. Not guaranteed in open stance.
    d+P+G break guard has NO guaranteed followups AFAIK.
    d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P hits L*, M, M. If the first connects, the other two will as well (total = 50 dmg? unsure...)
    d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P can hit OTB... especially useful against characters that "flop" (Shun, Wolf, etc.)
    ST, (f,f), b,f+P, d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P is guaranteed. I forgot to try ST, (f,f),b,f+P, DLC OTB unfortunately.
    Supposedly if you hit the opponent with a rising low kick, you can d+K+G, f+K, b,f+P... but I can't confirm this yet.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Akira's b,ff+pkg *DELETED*

Post deleted by FeixaQ

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah, I think I have an idea how to incorporate the b,f,f+P+K+G into a gameplan. At least in theory, anyway /versus/images/icons/wink.gif More to follow when I practice with him a LOT more...

Oh, I forgot... d+P+G and f+P+G break guards can apparently be followed up by b,f+P then DLC OTB. Haven't tried this out yet, and I'm not sure whether the opponent can quickrise out of the DLC OTB.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Shun has an inashi? This is the first time I've heard of that. Do you know the move command?

Thanks in advance,
    Alan

6. Akira Yukii

Akira Yukii Active Member

Kick. Ass.

Nice one!
    -Z'

"In fighting games, it's always better to fight defensively. This allows taking advantage of jump ins with a nice fulfilling uppercut special."

7. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Shun - I think it's done with d/b+p+k.. it's the one where he kinda crouches-turns his back around and then turns back with a p. Looks like a dance (not his d/b+p bodycheck). Anyway, this inashis, though I haven't quite figured out the timing for it.

-Jason

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks! I tried it a little against the cpu and just got kicked around. I couldn't figure out the timing either. But that move is so slow there must be another purpose to it.
    Alan

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey Jason,

Looks like AM2 tweaked Akira a fair bit in ver.B (for the better)...

SDE ~ DE (SDE no longer needs to be MC to float)
    QCB+P ~ DLC (QCB+P is a new move, no idea what it looks like though)
    ShoulderRam ~ P ~ b,f+P ~ Double Palm (against lightweights)
    ShoulderRam ~ P ~ b,f+P ~ b,f+P+K (OTB, only if opponent does not quickrise/techroll)
    df+P+K+G,P ~ ShoulderRam ~ Akira Special #3 (df+P+K+G is a new move)
    b,f+P+K ~ Yoho ~ DLC
    b,f+P+K ~ b,f+P ~ DLC (OTB, only if opponent does not quickrise/techroll)

Fun stuff to try out next time we're at SVGL...(minus the new move stuff)

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i smell a rev C coming soon. some of akira's combos in rev B are sick. i have no problem with huge combos, but only if they need huge floats. most of the sick stuff akira can do doesn't even require an MC.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/akiracombo.htm>http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/akiracombo.htm</A> was the basis for this comment, i should add. DE, BC for 80 points is just wrong, as is ShRm, StPm, DbPm for 80 points, w/o even a MC hit (on lightweight characters)...just not right.

Lau's stuff is pretty brutal as well, too.

I like the change back to vf2-ish floats, but i really hope it's similar to vf2 as in the fact that you usually (emphasis on usually - i'm aware of the sick easy combos in vf2) needed a big float or special situation to do nasty combos like the some of the ones listed above.

also before people get on my back about TFT stuff...well, that's a throw, not a float. floats are easier to come by than TFT's, generally. especially if this double command-throw escape thing is true.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

DE -> BC for 80 points??? Oh shit, maybe it'll be in 4 that I could finally have a decent winning percentage with Akira...

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    "Looks like AM2 tweaked Akira a fair bit in ver.B (for the better)...

SDE ~ DE (SDE no longer needs to be MC to float)
    QCB+P ~ DLC (QCB+P is a new move, no idea what it looks like though)
    ShoulderRam ~ P ~ b,f+P ~ Double Palm (against lightweights)
    ShoulderRam ~ P ~ b,f+P ~ b,f+P+K (OTB, only if opponent does not quickrise/techroll)
    df+P+K+G,P ~ ShoulderRam ~ Akira Special #3 (df+P+K+G is a new move)
    b,f+P+K ~ Yoho ~ DLC
    b,f+P+K ~ b,f+P ~ DLC (OTB, only if opponent does not quickrise/techroll)"

Just wanted to clarify a little about some of this stuff. SDE, even in the test versions SDE always knocked down in my experience, just like VF3.The combos you could use to follow SDE were very few, as the float was pretty low. That's why against people who don't roll most Akira's use SDE, low kick, low kick, low kick, d/f+P or SDE, low kick, bodycheck. In version B the float has been improves slightly so that you can now follow an SDE with another or a DE, DLC etc; but it's still pretty low.

The big change made in version B was to the DE. Now on major counter hit, you get the special down animation (like Jeffry's Middle Stab or Lion's b,d/f+P) where they hold their stomach and fall over slowly. Too bad Akira has no low throw ;). This is where the DE,Bodycheck combo for 80 pts. comes in. Deep bodycheck as they crumple. Timing is kind of tight, so it's no easy 80 pts, and again it requires counter hit DE. Most good Akira's I saw were now following with DLC or the Fujin combo (new 3 hit). I was using SglPm for so-so damage. DJK also works, as does b,f+P+K.

b,f+P+K, yoho, DLC and b,f+P+K, b,f+P... combos are if the oppt. guards maximum strength b,f+P+K and doesn't struggle enough. These were possible in all the test/early versions. These days in Tokyo, you're lucky to get someone who just holds guard, they'll almost always try to hit you out of it; that's where letting go a little early comes in handy. I'd guess the b,f+P is almost un avoidable if Akira does it fast enough, but maybe not. I got SPoD'd several times after guarding a max b,f+P+K; yoho seems like you'd be able to guard it without too much trouble. basically, b,f+P, DLC or DJK are most common, but the DLC can be rolled from after the 2nd hit depending on your character's weight (how quickly they'll go down after the d/f+K+G puts them off the ground a touch) and away from the wall, DJK only works in closedd stance. Even the highest ranked Akira I saw (5th dan) just used DJK. If the oppt. rolls from a OTB DLC he'll get up just as Akira finished the DLC, sometimes to Akira's back (side roll), so you have to be careful. Against lightweights, after the b,f+P a simple P, b,f+P+K works well and looks cool (actually, I guess Lei is now the lightest middleweight, then lion, shun, and into the girls; it works on Lei and under).

The QCB+P is a kind of overhead double palm smash. If you imagine him doing the Fukko (b,d/f+P) with both hands, but not crouching and not moving forward hardly at all, you'll get the idea. It comes out slowly, and has very short range (probably a less than the b,f+P), and he shouts like a double palm. If it hits, it seems like it's another special animation. It's not the same as the counter DE (which arcadia calls "kuzure down" or unbalancing down, same kanji as Kuzushi, or break guards); it looks like they crumble down while standing and don't lean forward. If it hits, Akira has similar options to Kuzure down: about a second to do whatever he wants, besides a throw or SPoD. Gives good damage, cool move. I guess it's useful against people who do a lot of infighting with low P's and elbows, as he sort of raises himself up/back a little then comes down. Also should work well of you time it to hit just as someone approaches, say to throw.

The d/f+P+K+G,P is a great addition to his arsenal. This move looks really similar to the Fukko, but a little softer, like his wrist is loose at the end of the hit, then he comes up with an elbow from the same arm that hits in the stomach. If the first hit connects, I'm pretty sure you get Kuzure down, so the second hit always seemed guaranteed after the first. If both hits connect, they go right down in front of you, that's why people follow with Fujin usually, as it'll hit OTB. I'm not sure about following with shoulder ram, then fujin. Seems like they's have a chance to roll in there somethere. I'm pretty sure you can't roll from the second hit, although it doesn't give feet up or K.D., just seems to put them right down like a reversal almost. Only the first hit connects in Air Combos.

b,f+P+K+G this is like the TenZanKou (escape, P+K+G), but instead of side stepping, he steps back a little, then forward ans strikes with both hands out to his sides, bent at the elbows, and fists clenched an lower than the TenZanKou, stomping. This one also put's 'em down and I'd imagine there's no followup. Also comes out a little slow, ans seems like a deceptive move. If they guarded your DE, you could do this move and avoid a high or low P I imagine, then hit.

The command for the TsuTenHou (b,f,f+P+K+G) has been changed to f,b+P+K+G. Thank God, it was really difficult to get it out in the tight spots where it's meant to be used the old way. Essentially, you should just use it like a reversal. The canned b,f+P wouldn't hit after a low P inashi. I'm not sure about the new version, probably the same deal. In this case you can Yoho.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but in the final versions, all the wild floats from the test versions are gone. No more giant, face down floats after Yoho's etc. And the average hit for Jeff's Knee and Wolf's SS are really low. You can do another Knee or SS, or dash elbow upper, ducking low etc; but no knee, p, p, knee like the first test version. Many floats feel much more toned down than VF3tb, like Akira's SDE and Lau's b,b+P. Lau's b,b+P will still hit really low, but it doesn't lift them up like it did before; so while it will hit after a move like K+G, it doesn't pick them up enough to follow with anything but d+K.

Most of the wild stuff now happens otb to people who don't roll; and Jeff and Rich can take heart, Kage's otb combos are pretty sick, got nailed so many times with d+P+K,K otb.

Spotlite

14. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Thanks for the nice report Bryan. I'm just real happy to hear the floats have been toned down, that was one of the huge problems I had with the test version.

15. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

The command for the TsuTenHou (b,f,f+P+K+G) has been changed to f,b+P+K+G.
    Actually, it has been changed to b+P+K+G.
    When you successfully Inashi a high attack with TsuTenHou, it could be followed by Mouko(d,f+P) which is automatically executed by f+P in this case.
    After the Mouko hits, you can finish this 80pts combo with AkiraSpecial #2or3.
    Sorry, my English may be hard to understand. It's been 4years since last time I used English.

16. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

your english is perfect.

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Damn Brian, thanks for the awesome report!!! I'm getting pissed at myself for not being able to make the trip there....argh!