1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

akira's back-combos (taka)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BK__, Sep 12, 2001.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hey, has any one ever tried juggling taka's back with akira?? (vf3) well here's some i learnt myself over the years...

(pull behind), f,f,f,p / d+k / d+k / b,f,f,p+k

(pull behind), f,f,f,p / d+k / (dragon lance combo)

(pull behind), f,f,f,p / d+k / f,f,k / f,f,p

some people may have already figured them out, but i have never seen them any where on the net

by the way, where have all the movies gone on this site, i used to watch them all the time!!

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Here's a few I've tried on Taka (credit goes to Spotlite for some of them):

RBC (b, df+P+G) ->SDE (f, f, f+P) ->d+K ->SJK (f, f+K) ->b, f, f+P+K
    RBC ->SDE ->d+K ->DLC

SE (db+P+G) ->SDE ->yoho (df, df+P) ->DLC
    SE ->SDE ->d+P+G x2 ->knee
    SE ->SDE ->f+P+G ->crouch dash low punch twice ->knee

ST (b. d+P+G) ->DJK ->bodycheck

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Good job both of you guys/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Good job on submitting combos that haven't been submitted (much if at all). Good job on playing around enough to come up with some of them on your own. Would be nice to put up more combos for the sake of it so don't be too shy/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Intense love for VF + no competition = too much time on my hands

Oh, well.....

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

mann ghost dog's combos look more in-depth than mine

forgive me if i am new here but can some one please explain to me what things like RBC, SDE and SJK mean, i'd realy love to learn some of these combos myself

other than that, i have LOTS of combos i teach myself of the insparation of some of this site's old movies, i have got some funny ones with pai against taka's back (if any one wants to know, just ask, i even have a simplified version of kage's combo against aoi on vf3tb's intro)

mann, taka gets really hurt in vf3, it's no wonder they scraped him in vf4, which reminds me, what IS the dodging system like in vf4? and how does it effect the fighting system??

dont forget to visit my web site
    http://www.geocities.com/virtuafightermedia/

7. Chanchai

You can find a list of abbreviated terms and explanations on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/virtua_fighter_3_abbreviations.txt>GLC's Abbreviation Faq</A>, which can be found at Game Faqs (like the link I provided here).

For the "currently known/speculated" VF4 details in the English Speaking world... GLC also wrote another faq <A target="_blank" HREF=http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/virtua_fighter_4.txt>here</A> and there have also been quite a few descriptions on past posts, but you're gonna have to run the search yourself (there is a search feature on this forum).

As for your enjoyment of the game, good luck and keep working at it. Just keep in mind that you'll generally need a plan B in many situations. At some point, your opponents will not fall for low attacks followed by mid attacks (like the Akira df+P+K, f+P+K) if you're always using them. Give your opponent an incentive to not high block (or properly reverse etc...), make your opponent hesitate. Basics extend beyond that, but just thought I'd throw in that tip. I'm not saying whatever you are doing is wrong, just make sure it's not all you do. (as an additional tip, practice Crouch Dashing-- df, d, DF-- That is, tap df, slide to down, slide to DF and HOLD, it will look right if you see a dash that ends in a crouch position, the motion must be done very fast, arcade stick is preferable).

Again, good luck on your search for VF Enlightenment, hope you enjoy the trip! Keep in mind that experience and research go a long way in this game (just about any game anyways). /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

8. Guest

Guest Guest

one combo i like is this with lion:
    df+p+g -> sidekick -> b,df+p
    the sidekick must be a counter

9. Chanchai

On the subject of Lion.... I'm sure Jason Cha, myself, and a few others could list a bunch of favorites.... I'll probably try to compile something someday, seperated for arcade and DC and all...

As for what I know works on DC and enjoy doing, here's a "standard" Taka combo with Lion (I think Jason found #2 on his own long long ago in the early days?):
    1) df+P+G, f+K, d+K, f+P (uppercut), d+K
    2) df+P+G, u+P+K, dodge in/out to be in line with Taka (not to his side), d+K, f+P (uppercut), u+K, f+P (elbow), d+K, K.

Here's another oldie (was in the Competitive Edge Tape and thus is covered in any transcription of those combos):
    -Vs. Aoi (open stance): f+K, f,f+K, f,f+K,K, d+K

All of these combos might be misrepresented since I'm going on memory due to a lack of a DC around to practice my VF.

-Chanchai

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

One more anti-taka combo with lion (it's tough).

d/f+P+G, u+P+K, E towards taka, d+K, (FC)f+P, m-(FC)f+P, d+K,K.

That's the throw, spinny uppercut thing, dodge, low kick, uppercut, modified uppercut, double low kick.
    The second uppercut is tough.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You can replace the d+K,K with f+P,P, but that's a bit tougher (though cooler).

12. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Nick, gamefaqs.com does not allow external linking to its files, you have to go to the websites itself and request the document from their database from there. Link to my index or gamefaqs.com recognition page, if you have to ;)

13. Chanchai

CreeD, thanks for the combo, but I was wondering if that's an arcade only combo.... I could never get that darn variation to work on DC, but perhaps I'm just too damn slow at CD buffering (I don't make full use of the CDs like so many other players unfortunately).

GLC, thanks for letting me know/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Chanchai: I was convinced it was an arcade only combo too, until I tried it 19083902819028390 times on my DC and finally got the second uppercut to hit. What makes it especially sad is that I'm pretty good with m-moves and it should have occurred to me that "gosh, this is a dreamcast quirk, I ought to give up now"... but it's not, you just have to do the uppercut in a very specific frame. I'm not sure if it's the very earliest frame possible or what. Probably it is. But the timing is that tight.
    I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I'm getting old and forgetful and I want to add some content to this post. So everyone humor me.
    There was an akira combo I have had the damnedest time recreating and I was wondering if someone could sit down and try to do it. I've only gotten it once in many many tries.

Akira is at a slight angle to the wall, and his back is to the wall. He's about 1 or two character widths away from the center of the dojo. Taka is right in front of him.

The combo is this.

RBC, SDE (counter hit?), DLC. Then ground punch *OTB*, which causes taka to briefly leave the ground and bounce into the air. If your positioning is perfect, the ground punch causes taka to be considered floating for a split second, and he hits the wall while airborne. This makes the game put taka into the special "hitting the wall with your face while floating" animation. He flattens against the wall with a comical sound and then peels off and falls back to the floor. As he falls to the floor, do another DLC.

Obviously it has little use in a battle because of the strict positioning requirements, but it'd be great if someone could get it on tape. I just got it by luck and DLC'd on reflex when I saw taka smack into the wall.
    Good luck.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Correction.

Once again age has gotten the better of me and caused me to tragically post something utterly wrong.

The big taka combo that I could never replicate only had one DLC in it, the combo was:

RBC, SDE, DE, low kick OTB, bodycheck OTB, ground punch OTB (wall bounc), DLC.

Which is a lot more stylish anyway. Hits 2,3, and 4 are almost like a funky homebrew DLC.

16. Chanchai

First of all.... Thanks a ton for confirming that!!! I'm glad it's possible on the DC. It'll be on my list of "work hard as hell to try out" along with the "guaranteed backthrow after df+P+G" which I've heard so many times is possible, but I can't nail the damn thing.

Wall combos kick ass! Just wish I ran into the situation enough in combat... However, I think I remember seeing Adam doing a lot of wall combos in New York and LA last May.

-Chanchai

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Correction.

Oh wow, that sounds kick-ass!

18. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Correction.

Why thank you, suh!