1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's bodycheckl

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Oct 30, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

just watched the Akira (mmonsuk) vs Lau (shinz) chip. At the beginning Lau ate a REALLY DEEP bodycheck. Took almost half damage from a SINGLE hit. wow...

ridiculous. I see a dodge bodycheck is REALLY good idea cuz you hit the bodycheck real close.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I dunno how many actually noticed it
    Maybe everyone noticed it ( in that case, my bad)

The deep body check happened after Akira did a successful dodge and opted not to press P+K+G ( I mentioned such a scenario on several occassions). Instead he went for a bodycheck instead

But anyway, the way bodycheck was used in the clip is nothing new...same case as VF3

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

At NYG2, Mr. Yuki preformed a extraordinary deep body check, taking at least 80% of his apponents life, so deep body checks doing rediculous damage is not that new, but always impressive.

4. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

this is just like VF2, aka "the good old days". A deep MC bodycheck could do (from memory) 70-80% damage. And few things are as satisfying!

grib.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You mean 80 pts, not 80%!!

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

80 points is the max base damage it can do. It can go higher if it MC's something. The most it can possibly do is 120 points, but that's rare, especially in VF3.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I remember you could do like 80% with it in VF1...against the CPU especially, throw it out after a whiffed pounce or rising attack and BAM, CPU eats it all the time.

8. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

I don't know what the setting for VF1 in Korea was when it came out.
    But one MC bodycheck killed the opponent.
    That move actually made me a fan of Akira --- ultimate power.
    In VF1, he and Pai could do the infinite ground punches if you get the right timing.
    After the basic throw, dash a little forward and start doing ground punches until the opponent got killed.
    I remember it took more than 10 ground punches to kill the opponent.
    Now Akira has been weaken.

Where is his infinite combo?
    Where is his one hit killing move?

Okay, you may tell me he got new 3 hit moves.
    But he used to have punch + punch + punch + spin kick combo ^.^

But I still love Akira...

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah... I miss f,f+P+K, P,P,K and the infinite ground punch... good old days...

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I, umm, no, I think it was 80% damage, not points, but I could be wrong.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You usually are, but the bodycheck's max damage changed I think depending on whether it was from the front or behind or vs. jumpers. So you might be right.
    In VF1 it could do more than 80 points, I think it could kill in some situations.
    In VF2 a deep bodycheck on a jumping opponent (this happened to me when I was learning) did from memory close to 80%. But maybe my memory exaggerated things and it was Rich's 120 point (60%) figure. It definitely did more than half damage if you got lucky and MC'd some poor bastard's TT attack after a surprise exchange. Aiee.

In VF3 it would do 80 points if you were lucky and did the insanely deep ST SJK bodycheck combo. I never saw it take more than that.

12. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    I remember doing a Bodycheck on VF2 and it took all the opponents life (it was against a jumping Shun). Shun wasn't K.O'ed but he had no green on his life bar.

13. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

No Jeff...
    He means 80%.

I was the victim. :)

akira vs akira
    I did an ill timed b,f+pk. Adam blocked it. Then I threw out a body check thinking he would try to grab me which he had already done earlier that day in the same situation. Instead he delivered a deep bodycheck of his own. :(

He MC'ed my deep bodycheck with his own deep bodycheck. I have never seen so much life disappear so fast. The damage was at least 70%. No exaggeration...I remember it very clearly. Strangely enough I managed to win the round. :)

-Emil

14. Mr. Bungle

Didn't happen. Not possible. Damage isn't going to go above 120 points, ever. This is straight from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://home.highway.ne.jp/ma2/vf3/counter.html>AM2 programmers</A>. You can try all your life fucking around with it and you'll never, ever, ever get 80 % damage on the default 200 hit points. I say this with absolute certainity.

15. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

I think the reason why I remember it so clearly is because it didnt seem like something that was possible.

But...
    It did happen and anything is possible.

If you would like to write a detailed post about what a huge liar I am and how 70% bodychecks are totally impossible I would be happy to read it. :)

-Emil

16. Mr. Bungle

The link I gave is pretty much all you need. You're welcome to prove it to the world - pop in a VHS tape on EP and get crackin' on the DC practice mode (make sure you record the hit points set to 200). You'll never get it. Ever.