1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's dragon lance combo

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by nascarbryant, Jan 3, 2001.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

well I used this holidays to get finally into akira's advanced tecniques...........I had some difficultis learning the SPoD because I always imputed the comands to rapidly....but now it works very good...if I'm not under stress It works almost 100%......
    Now about my problem with the dragon lance combo.......the to first steps are quite easy.........but I have some serious problems connecting the mountain of steel.....the gap between the dashing elbow and MoS is too big........am i too slow ....I can't believe that am I too fast....probably not hehehehehe.........Probably the DLC is more difficult to preform then the SPoD ,isn't it...

P.S an other question....do you have difficulties preforming some of Akiras advanved tecniques with the official Dreamcast stick( for example Akiras knee)

brumm,brumm,brumm,Motto kufuu wo tsumanakute wa!!!!!!!!!

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

one tip i was given to help improve my DLC consistency is to look down at the stick as you perform the motions.
    something i have found myself that also helps me personally with the DLC is to hold the final input (...f+p+k) for a fraction longer. i used to let go of the forward+p+k slightly too early (returning to neutral as soon as the stick even went close to finishing the BC part), which was because i was trying to be super-fast instead of accurate, and so ended up rushing it.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Some places to look for tips on performing the DLC (and all of them here in fact):

Akira Step-1 faq (emphasis on immediate preperation for BC)
    This Forum: It has been discussed many times (don't worry I'm not doggin' ya here) so do a search (and set to all posts) for DLC or Dragon Lance Combo.

It was probably about 10 months ago when it was brought up and I think there were even some interesting things noted (maybe not). Good luck with it.

As for me, I just go for Akira's non-finesse whore crap. Things like Uramawari--->Body Check (depending on opponent's reaction to ura, I try to get a MC because it does way too much damage on MC; note: Emil gets credit for this one as he abused this if you siderolled whatsoever). Pull in, deep BC. ST-->SJK-->DBC. Crap like that which isn't too fancy or exciting. It's probably just because I suck at doing DLC and SPoD (at least since the days when I stopped focusing so much on Akira, which was also before I was decent at the game).

-Chanchai

4. nascarbryant

Thanks for the help I will try it out tomorow,.....here in switzerland we have 1 p.m........today I have played against a friend of mine and i was surprised how often I was able to preform the SPoD.........Akira is very cool he is so diffrent...........somehow for me he is the heart of V.F...........don't ask why...........

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

nothing is tougher to perform than Akira's knee!!!!!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Faster Than Lighting! '

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, honestly... I have a FAR easier time doing Akira's knee than some Lau combos. Don't know how this'll work for you, but doing the knee gently can help (since I think many are used to slamming the buttons when the point was to get G to stay down as little as possible, so a gentle flick should do). At least it helped for me.

Oddly enough, I pull off the knee far more than SPoD, DLC, and even Kage's TFT-knee combos. However, I do suck at using Akira's knee appropriately, not that I've tried.

Depends on the player if you ask me.

-Chanchai

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ack
    I'm really gentle with turning the sticks n pressing the buttons......still cannot get it off.....
    it's the next thing I'll pick up mysteriously...

Same as the Spod or DLC...
    I've made attempts to learn em.....then I stop....then one day...while playing against a friend..they both came to me HHHHOOOTTT!!!!!!!!!!

The same happens to the kof n 3s combos...
    Dumb luck!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Faster Than Lighting! '

8. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

harder than which lau combos, chan?

9. nascarbryant

Fantastic now it works though I have to watch my fingers to preform it correctly..........till now I find the DLC more difficult to preform then the SPoD!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Do you play on both sides equalliy good(preform moves).........for me it's more easier if I play on the left side

10. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

same: easier when i'm on the left for me too, especially when doing the DLC and with akira in general

11. nascarbryant

Hey Uk-kid if we wont get VFX here I will travel to London maybe we can meet there and have a V.F-session......

12. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

well i don't live in london, but i'll be able to make it down there if it (VF-X) ever comes out.

- bring me the son of dural!

13. nascarbryant

well maybe we can meet there , we will see in 6 months i believe.......