1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's fake grasping throw?!!!!

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Kamata, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Kamata

Kamata Member

Okay....really, most of the combos are easy to pull off...an yes I also hate the Tekken style in VF ..VF2 although nothing fancy... still remains the most real of all.....but VF4 is still is the best game out there.

Has anyone worked on Akira's fake grasping mind-reverse bodycheck throw (f,b+P+Gd | u+P+K)???? I love the move by the way....it's easy...however...I've noticed that it's also done just by doing b+P+Gd | u+P+K)!!! Lemme' know if you can pull it off the same way....
    ....CreeD...you da' man tha'z supposed to know...hints???!!

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    You can get the b,f+P+G with just b+P+G? I've never heard/seen that... are you sure?

Spotlite

3. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    oops, I meant f,b+P+G. sorry

4. Kamata

Kamata Member

I'm pretty sure....heh' I just played today and I did it numerous times. Every time I'd try f,b+P+G I ended up w/ just trip and triple punch. So just for the heck of it I tried just doing b+P+Gd | u+P+K.
    Even the fake grasping mind-shoulder ram (f,b+P+GP+K) works just by doing b+P+GP+K....

I really don't think I'm mistaken...try it, Iet me know, if it works...awesome /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

The fake trip break guard-double palm (b+P+G, HCF+P) reminds me of it somewhat....

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I can guarantee that what you are doing is this:
    f,f,b+p+g. you're dashing first!! dashing makes
    this throw easier to do from a distance since you
    already "buffered" the first part. try doing it
    without dashing and I bet you wont get it.

6. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

ahhhhh yes interesting......hmmmm will it work with crouch dashing forward??? i'll try to confirm my findings by tomorrow to test just b+pg and doing the command with both forward dash and forward crouch dash.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Piccolo's just talking about buffering in forward which you automatically do when you dash forward (and don't hit any action button between the dash and whatever you intend to start with f or ff).

Unless I'm mistaken anyways...

As for me, I'm VERY sure you have to do f,b+P+G. You can buffer f however you want (like dashing forward). I'm certain you cannot just do b+P+G.

That is, if we are talking about the Pull-In-Throw here of course.

-Chanchai

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sal's probably right. He's running in and pressing b+P+G. If you just stand there and do b+P+G, you get the P+G throw.

BTW we tested out Akira's catch throw... you can at least fuzzy guard u+P+K and d+P+K by hitting u+G d+G u+G d+G repeatedly. AFAIK, you can't fuzzy guard all three though... if you fuzzy guard u/d+G, and the Akira player does f,b+P+G,P+K, you get hit by the built-in shoulder ram.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I keep meaning to ask, is akira's real grasping mind (or shin'iha or whatever) still in there? Meaning d/b, f+P+G?

Anyone remember doing sgpm butt stumble, run, d/b, f+P in VF2 for style points?

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah it's still in there CreeD. In fact, I think I recall seeing it in one of the TBZone movies. There's only about a million movies with Akira in them so it should be easy to find :)

11. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    aside from the d/f+P+G, I use d/b, f+P+G as my main throw in 4.

I remember an old japanese friend of mine doing the combo you mentioned then turning to me and saying "this is art". he was stoned.

Spotlite

12. Kamata

Kamata Member

Yes... the pull-in-push-out (shoulder) throw you mean... the db,f+P (VF2)....the one that Akira always starts with when you fight him in VF 2???!!!! Gotta' love that one [tounge]

It is still in VF 4, it goes by db,f+P+G ...it comes out much more sudden and it's a shorter fly...not like in the VF 2 where it could just throw you out of ring!

-Kamata

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Akira's db,f+P+G and b,f+P+G throws can both be followed with a tech roll or quick rise by the throwee according to virtuaproject's move list. Does the TR/QR reduce the damage like when used after Wolf's giant swing? Or is it just a way to get up easier so that Akira's pounce won't connect.

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, you can TR out of Pai's D,f+P+G throw to avoid the followup ground punch...

15. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I did notice tonight that one of the Akira throws I mentioned (I think it was b,f+P+G but cannot be sure :p ) did cause about 10-15 points of damage as the throwee hit the ground with out tech rolling. It was the one where Akira goes "Odi-yeh!" Knowing what throws can be tech rolled out of is very important information-- it could save you the round.