1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's Insta-death combo (from VF3) doable in VF4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ukie, Apr 10, 2002.

1. ukie

ukie Member

For those who don't remember, it goes like -
    VF3: In walled arenas, Akira standing approximately 45 degrees into the screen with his back to the wall. Do a RBC (and Akira should be positioned directly at the opponent's back after the throw) then b,f+p, then DLC. For me, delaying the last hit of DLC (which is perfect, because I can only do the standard at 40-50% efficiency anyway) will actually result in higher damage, around 90 to 100% of the CPU's life.

I've been trying to pull off this for a while now on VF4, but somehow the standing palm part doesn't float as much as I thought it should have and therefore the DLC doesn't connect fully for me. Maybe it's a timing error on my part since I've not played much VF again until recently, but it'll be nice if someone can verify this combo.

thanks,

-ukie

2. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Maybe they saw it was cheap and removed the ability to do it in the game. Can't say its possible or not though. I didn't like VF3 and don't use Akira. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

One major thing to consider here is that that combo was VF3ob. Since then, the damage for the bodycheck of the DLC has been drastically reduced. So, no, it's not possible. Well, perhaps the sequence is doable, but the damage is not.

cheers,

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

it probably is doable, but another big setback is that all corner-RBC combos in VF4 are no longer guarenteed.