1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's K+G (release G after 1 frame)

Discussion in 'Akira' started by titanicbutt, Oct 3, 2006.

1. titanicbutt

titanicbutt Member

can someone tell me the easiest way to physically perform this move? I can do it once in a while in practice, but not consistently during contest.

2. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

thought it was about time to see another one of these. /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

If we were to have a character section for VF5, this question should be made sticky with all in caps or something.

btw, to answer your question, press K and G at the same time and let go of G quickly. I miss this quite often thesedays myself so I don't know if you should follow my advice on this lol.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    If you use a pad - do a search for the Kneepad Solution by MAXIMUS.

If you use a stick - well, you just have to practice the knee - a LOT. You can use the scrape method (scape the edge of [G] with your thumbnail), or the smash method (stiffen thumb and forefinger - then smash the buttons and lift your thumb away while holding [K]).

4. titanicbutt

titanicbutt Member

I use a pad, and the search turned up no results!

5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I scrape my index (on g) and ring (on k) downwards applying more pressure on ring finger.

Impossible to explain but since I've learned to do it a month ago that is what I practice constantly, now I can get it out (if not tired/nervous) 9.5 out of 10 times. I don't think it is that hard. I rarely get K+G out as opposed to K instead.

After landing a combo after a MC K+G:G I was sold on Akira and haven't touch Jeffry in quite a while.

Now if only I can do DLC, SPoD and buffer DP better... 2p side is out of the question (for now).

Akira is the coolest fighting game character ever.

/recently transformed into akira fanboy

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  7. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

I was going to post this when we get a seperate Akira board, most important buffering when playing Akira is this move.

666P(no pun intended)

The second most important one is 66P only because it requires less practice.

I've seen only one thread so far asking on how to buffer SDE better compared to about 20+ threads of how to do the knee thread. In order to become strong with Akira, a lot of 66P and 666P buffering practices are needed. Believe it or not, the most difficult aspect of playing Akira is buffering his elbows right. You can forget all about knee, DLC, SPOD, or AS3.

8. titanicbutt

titanicbutt Member

wow, this move is starting to get to me.

9. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:
    666P

[/ QUOTE ]

I neglect that move too much, I have a much easier time hit checking and performing the correct combo than doing a move that "simple." 66P is no problem as I used Jeffry's i16 66P quite often, but 3 directionals in one direction after P+K (or whatever) on counter? /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif (hate using these smiley things)

[ QUOTE ]
    titanicbutt said:

wow, this move is starting to get to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice hitting the controller at different angles and apply more pressure to K while grazing G.

10. titanicbutt

titanicbutt Member

yeah, that's exactly what I've been trying.
    I was able to get it consistently for a minute or two, but never in a combo.

11. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    titanicbutt said:

yeah, that's exactly what I've been trying.
    I was able to get it consistently for a minute or two, but never in a combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice either as a floater or off wall splat(like Jeffry's 43P+K {never said I was good}).

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Maddy brings up Akira's most useful move - especially in evo. Master super dashing elbow. TRUST ME.

13. titanicbutt

titanicbutt Member

I totally know akira's sde. totally, I think.

14. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

That's awesome. It's ridiculous to deal with when the opponent is buffering 90% success rate.

P.S : I don't really care if you're being sarcastic or not, I think.

15. titanicbutt

titanicbutt Member

I'm not. I've actually played nearly 1500 matches with Akira already, and I know most of his moves pretty well. it's just the knee that I ignored for a really long time.

16. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

If you can buffer Akira's elbows right in a heated moment, you are a very very skilled Akira player. In fact, I have seen very few Akira players who can do it right, period

I once quit Akira for the exact reason. It requires very fast reflex and a hand-eye coordiation to pull them off in heated matches. Doing it in training mode is a different story, but even that is not a piece of cake if you try to beat a girl's high P after hitting her with a LP on normal hit(+3).

17. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

"If you can buffer Akira's elbows right in a heated moment, you are a very very skilled Akira player. In fact, I have seen very few Akira players who can do it right, period "

maddy, can you explain this to me. cuz nowaday, i hardly use akira's elbow anymore.

"I once quit Akira for the exact reason. It requires very fast reflex and a hand-eye coordiation to pull them off in heated matches. Doing it in training mode is a different story, but even that is not a piece of cake if you try to beat a girl's high P after hitting her with a LP on normal hit(+3)."

are you talking about the knee?

P.S. I saw your matches on youtube and i must say that i was really impressed by it. i though those matches are as interesting and exciting as any top tier jap. player. now, since i use a pad for VF, disregarding the knee, do you think its possible to use akira at that level?

18. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

he's talking about inputting [6][6][6][P] after a low P without losing any frames of delay.

or in general.... without losing any frames of delay...

19. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

The reason I've been talking about SDE is that DE is rather easy if you can buffer SDE. I do think that DE's more useful than SDE in FT, but in the point of practicing the moves, DE will come out if you can do SDE.

If you can buffer SDE in +3 sitautions, and get a counter consistently, you are good. Try practicing with Jacky's 2_3P on block or 1P on hit(you get a +3 when you get hit by 1P. Have CPU do 1P and then a 2P. You should be able to get a counter hit.)

You should definately get a counter hit in +3 with DE, and with DE, +2 situations are also feasible. Things like P,K followed by DE is a good&safe flow chart. You should be buffering 66 during the exectution frames of the K.

I had used a pad for about a year before switching to a stick. Realistically speaking, you can't play Akira at high level on pad. You might be able to if you put enough efforts, but the amount of efforts would be huge, and you will be better off practicing on a stick.

I haven't met anyone who buffers his elbows right on a pad. Just like you, I didn't use his elbows much when I played on a pad because without correct buffering the move executes in about 16 or 17 frames.

About your comments on my matches, although I appreciate your comments, I am definately not as good as the top Japanese Akira players in both skillwise and dedication wise. I do take VF seriously and always try to improve though.

Don't know where you live, but you should get in touch with players around you if you want to improve a lot. VF isn't a type of game that you can improve much on your own.

20. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

"About your comments on my matches, although I appreciate your comments, I am definately not as good as the top Japanese Akira players in both skillwise and dedication wise. I do take VF seriously and always try to improve though."

what really separates japs players and Western (US) players anyway. and like what i said in my other posts, if one really loves VF, then one will pratice and speand time on it just as any other japs VF lovers out there. so is it the lack of competitions in the US that makes US players "weaker" than Japs?