1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira's Move in Real life Mpg 2.5mb

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Jotaro, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Jotaro

Jotaro Active Member

2. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Just making it clickable for easy dl.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.kolumbus.fi/baji/videos/bajiform1.mpg>http://www.kolumbus.fi/baji/videos/bajiform1.mpg</a>

3. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Re: Just making it clickable for easy dl.

Not Bad

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

interesting movie...I think Chanchai posted this a while back..it is definatly reminiscent of Akira's form. Another form Bagua (not bag-qua) is also similar with the stomping motions

5. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

I think its Baji, like the video filename suggested, not Bagua.

6. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

this is interesting. how they've tried to incorporate real martial arts into the game.....adds to the realism.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

<gasp> You thought that Akira's style was completely made up out of thin air by the programmers at AM2? Wow. I give that design team all the credit in the world, but creating a martial art system from scratch would be way too much to ask of a bunch of geeky programmers... Try to check out the VF history disk files at Creed's site. I believe there's some motion capture stuff there of the stylists that they used to get the basics for the VF fighters.

8. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif no i actually didn't..........i will check out the motion capture stuff tho.......

9. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Akira's style is called Hakkyokuken in Japanese or Baiji Quan in Chinese.
    I am pretty sure Baijin Quan is the chinese pronounciation for Hakkyokuken because that's how they translated it in the European version of Shenmue 2.
    Seems like Yu Suzuki really likes this style... me too since I started playing Virtua Fighter ^_^

Anyway there's a Hakkyokuken throw in Shenmue 2 that I would have liked Akira to have in VF4, it's the Enotsurisotesoshu or Demon triangle, but I believe it would have been too much...

10. THE MYTH

THE MYTH Member

Re: Just making it clickable for easy dl.

Pretty cool vid!!

Guy even has down the footstomp. Now, if you can only get him to yell a little when he is done.

11. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

looks alright, he is just a old for that stuff huh??

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

The old guys are the scary ones.

If you follow up some of the link on baiji chuan.. you notice that one of the main founders was the last major student of the style. During his older years he mixed baiji with several other forms to make a reformed style.

The baiji chuan is based on using and focusing the entire bodies energy into each strike. Most of each strike is a lead up to another.

Before they learn anything they have to "horse squat" for like 3 years.

13. Curse

Curse Member

I was the one that posted this before, and I think we discussed the differences between baji and bagua. The styles are radically different, and Bagua practitioners do not stomp in the way that baji practitioners do. Akira uses Baji, not Bagua. Baji is Hakkyokuken in Japanese, Bagua is Hakesho in Japanese, so I guess that should settle it.
    http://www.sinowushu.com/xinshang/x...ŠÃµ&leibie=´«Ã³ÎäÊõ
    This link won't work most likely, but if you go to www.sinowushu.com and go to videos you can find video of people doing both baji and bagua, and you can see the difference for yourselves. Reading chinese characters helps /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

You gotta remember, that by the time of the 1880's-early 1900's, almost every martial art in china had begun to influence one another. Heck, even Taiji-quan had begun to incorperate other elements and had modified its original forms (this goes for Sun, Yang, and Yin styles).

15. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I know, just take Jackie Chan for instance, he is 48 and is still kicking some serious ass!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I will physically kill you to death. Just kidding. Please... just everyone shut up with the martial arts blanket statements and "is it baji-quan or is it bullshit-fu?" threads. We had them done to death recently.

17. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I've found some of the recent martial arts specific stuff interesting, although when it turns into a flame war its the same as reading a PS2/XBox/Naomi2/Dreamcast hardware specs firestorm /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif The links to sites and movies are also very good references for FAQ writers or anyone else that wants to learn more. As long as they're in the General forum or in Media for movies, I think it's fine.

18. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Unless it's a different style, Bagua is more circular or more based on the Iching pentagon. There is mostly circles not stomping. Chen style Tai chi chuan has more of a stomping and circular motion but that's not what Akira does.