1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AKIRA'S MOVES WITH A PS2 CONTROLLER

Discussion in 'Akira' started by kungfusmurf, Jun 23, 2002.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I agree with you on putting your thumb below the controller and control the 3 buttons with your 3 fingers but the problem is that it feels really unstable for me. But it works though making the transaction to the stick a lot easier since you have to use your finger when playing in the arcades.

2. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

I'm much better with pad than stick. Try this... Leave the layout at default, and instead of using your thumb to press the buttons, use your index, middle and ring finger as u would on the arcade. just lay it flat against your leg or something else and play like that. I'm very reliable with all of akira's moves except the knee. I suppose the knee does require a stick, but it's not that important anyhow. I started using that way of playing for soul calibur on DC and now i use it for all fighting games. Give it a shot if u haven't.

3. ShunAoi

ShunAoi Member

i dont get why you're so against the multi button set up for the R and L buttons it just makes it that much easier using the PS2 controller and if you think about it in some ways its harder because you are using more fingers than you normally would ...i'm not a VF veteran so many i'm missing something and i haven't ever played in the arcade since the original but to me if thats the way they made the controller than it works fine for me....

4. moin

moin New Member

yeah fuck it use shoulder buttons
    or default