1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

All about Blonde One

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Jul 11, 2002.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Blonde Ones old thread was getting too long so I thought I would write a new thread in their defense.

Have any of you stopped and realized who Blonde One and IMF remind you of?

Ad and I were talking and we came to the conclusion that if you look back in history the NYC peeps weren't the most welcome group on the Internet just like the FL peeps today.

Blonde One=CrewNYC
    IMF= AdamYuki

Do you guys realize that? I have a great deal of respect for Blonde One and IMF for travelling so far just to play a game and get better. VFDC has always had a divison in its ranks and its always been two distinct groups, retired people and current players.

A bunch of us used to get lopped together in the VF3 days and alot of the then newbies were blamed for making the then current vf scene turn to crap. Ice got crap for VFDC, Shadowdean got crap, Summers got crap, I got crap for everything from rich and others, Emil got crap from the canadians. There's always been two groups.

Its not really VET's and non VETS cause plenty of good VF players who I would call VF VETS dont currently play the game. I mean each VF is so different, is it fair to call someone a VET and give them credit for their opinons on VF4 if they stopped playing? I certainly would give more credit to Blonde One's thoughts about VF4, over a very good VF3 player that didnt play much VF4 competatively.

Remember this is overall a board about a fighting game. A fighting game has two philosophies those who play against themselves to get better and those who play against other people. Its like having two legs, you need both to walk. You can't sit at home just practicing all day expecting to become good or satisfied with the game, thats just unrealistic for a hardcore VF'er. You need compeition every now and again. People like Blonde One serve an important role in the VFDC community. Creed who does an awesome job categorizing clips, and others who write lengthy information posts, serve an important role to fuel the information on VFDC.

Remember my old flames with rich? They attracted 10 times the attention that a post about frame stats or advanced techniques would. Again its an important part of gathering competition, VF is a fighting game and you need both types of posters and people to make a strong community.

Believe me though when I say the attitude that Blonde One and IMF have will make them very formidable and overall strong VF players. If any of you ever watch Ad and I play VF we trash talk each other to no end. Even Hiro has gotten so used to hearing us trash talk that he'll say whats the matter or all you alright if he doesnt hear me or someone saying I DID THAT, SHIT, OR OHH DANGG YOU SUCKKY SUCKKY!

If history is any indication the FL Crew will become a force to reckon with in VF4.

Besides if anyone dislikes them, disregard their posts.

CrewNYC

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"if you look back in history the NYC peeps weren't the most welcome group on the Internet just like the FL peeps today"

say what!!? i dont think so andy, pretty wrong bro. the florida peeps are way into another level of VFDC-we-hate-themness (new word! cool!, NYC people were never looked down on, no offence man but evryone just didnt like you, not the whole crew lol :p

"the FL Crew will become a force to reckon with in VF4. "

heh, lets see how long they commit to VF before jumping to the next fighting game, i hope they wont be "banwagon jumpers" :p

btw, the only cool ppl in florida seems to be ghostdog and uncauzi, so not all of them are putos :p

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Sal dun be so sure, back in the old days the NYC Crew werent well accepted, ad had his fair share of flames with rich about all sorts of topics and we used to sit around together talking about all the crap and stuff people thought about the NYC peeps. Just like the FL peeps, Blonde One and IMF seem the most vocal and most people seem okay with others like jedi_fei or uncauzi.

CrewNYC

CrewNYC

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Sorry, unless AM2 makes a weapons based fighter like VF, then your stuck with me =). I'm not going to quit playing VF til I'm the best in the Country at least. Seriously, I plan to get good. Later guys.

PS- Thanx Andy for the props.

oops, IMF was logged in ><

5. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Actually some of us have been playing VF since VF2. I remember reading about gatherings in Chicago and New york at Hardcore gaming.com. Watching vids of shota and Ice-9. I never posted cause well no one played VF in my area, and I never fathomed being apart of that community. Well when VF4 came out I was a lot older and now i am part of that group.

Also, I think you should give all the florida guys a chance. We are not bad people. I know you hate us Piccolo, but have you ever met any of us. We are all very cool and down to earth. And Im sure you have a lot in common with us(even if were from a dumb state lol)

I am probably the most excited guy about the NYG3, I wanted to go so bad to the other NY gathering but it was invite only. All of us are for real. We know our game and are coming to show the rest of the country what we got.

I hope people realize we are not bad people or angry people or assholes, we are just like you guys, we play VF, and we play it well. We talk our jive but in the end theres no hard feelings.

Well, I hope to see you all at NYG3, its going to be a blast.

p.s. Andy or Adam, can you guys post some more info in the NYG3 thread. Are the dates set in stone? I need to know cause i have to ask for those days off from work!!

6. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Hehe, way to talk shit Blondie! It's what Florida is all about, but I have to say they can back it up nowadays. Not that I have any cheese as far as VF anymore, but they seem to be on the right track.

Piccolo, Blondie isn't that bad of a guy, actually if you met him you probably wouldn't know he's even around half the time. Well at least vocally, then again, maybe he just doesn't talk to me much.

Que sera can't sleep argh. Oh and Picc I'll be up that way soon, does anyone go to CTF anymore? What happened to white nelson?

7. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Here's a litle rap I ripped to help <font color="cc33cc"> hiro-san</font color> get in the trash talking spirit.
    These math wiz professors are all too polite, eh? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    Wolf 's spitt'in these - snarling really...
    <font color="ffffff"> I'm A Tattooed Demon
    Do You Catch My Meaning
    Think That You're Dreaming
    But Soon You'll Be Screaming
    I Got More Senseless Violence
    Than AdamYuki's SPOD
    MuthaFoker - What?</font color>
    /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    here's a duet for BO and picollo-san
    first Jacky rants:
    <font color="white"> One Foot In The Grave And The Others On The Throttle
    I'm Flying Through Your New York Like The Haley's Comet
    As Freaky As A Freak Show
    Call Me Barnum And Bailey
    So Yo Ho Picollo My Cheerio
    Here I'm Coming at ya round The Bend</font color>
    now picollo-san:
    <font color="33ffcc"> Don't Try To Shake My Hand
    I'm Not Your Fucking Friend
    Bodyslam Ya To The Ground
    Like I Was Captain Lou Albano
    Hit Ya In The Balls Till You're Singing Soprano</font color>
    ice-9's kage reply to GP's <font color="pink"> Aoi</font color> :
    <font color="ccff66"> Slap You With A Baseball Bat Upside The Head
    Until It Bleeds Showing <font color="red"> No Mercy*</font color>
    Step Like Ninja- Slash like Grundy
    Hit Ya With A Table Leg
    Like I Was Ted Bundy
    I Bludgeoned You -You're Bloodied
    I Think It's Kinda Of Funny
    Tag Your Ass Out And No Tag Backs
    You Psycho Nymphomaniac
    Rang Dang
    Diddlela Dang A Dang Baby
    </font color>
    Andy's Lau raps:
    <font color="ff0000"> Einie Meanie Miney Moe
    Which Of You Girls Will Be My Ho'
    Cross Your Fingers Grit Your Teeth
    Cause crewNYC Makes Holes In Beef</font color> /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    <font color="red"> * </font color> Kage's Theme Song in VF3
    Please take no offense to my post. If I mentioned you here it is with all due respect. If I didn't mention you...wait I'm not finished... /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Akebono

Best rap song ever, this and "woop woop, pull over that ass is too fat""

9. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hey Jedi, will that song be playing at your little house party tonight? :) Oh btw, thanks for the invite. I might be in cocoa. So if i don't show up, drink away and hope you get some from the birthday girl.

10. darqfalz

darqfalz Member

I'm REALLY excited to be going back to FL. I sincerely look forward to chilling with you VF4 boys in O-town. Maybe I can show you some things, and you will definitely show me stuff.. I wanna play Blonde_One haha, he sounds like a bad ass!

Best move EVER === >

[3][7][6][2][3][1] A+B Summon Suffering

Darqfalz

11. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

I'd like to see what the best in U.S. has, or even to what level he can reach. I'm lucky enough in Montreal to have a bunch of regulars pass by every night, so there's always competition. I cant sit down 5 minutes without someone challenging. The skill around here therefore has reached quite an amazing level. You can also tell which guys are coming off of ps2 kumite as they have the move repertoire but are getting danced around by the arcade players. Most of these guys have visited VFDC for info but have refrained from being part of the board because alot of them view it as infantile. The avg. age of the players is in early~mid twentys and they all agree that they learn much more by playing against competition than by investing time on the boards.

I've personnally toned down my posting because we've gotten to a VF4 information saturation. Most of the posts these days are not to inform other VF players, but to ask questions about game engine mechanics. The most effective way now left for me to improve is to just play the game regularly against educated opponents and check out the occasional vid. I do come back to VFDC on the off chance someone might of posted something informative instead of a question...but this is happening less and less. The new stuff mostly concerns Evo and I wont be touching that soon, if ever.

The only outlet I can see that is practical for educated players to improve is to really concentrate on gatherings and make sure the events are taped and available to download.

12. Akebono

YOu going to the NY gathering Mister white

13. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

I was supposed to drop down to CTF in NY during the month of July but that aint happening. The furthest Ill make it is Boston in early september.