1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

All-Sarah Night: Online Dojo Meet-Ups

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by BLACKSTAR, Jun 2, 2014.

1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    An idea for the Sarah-player community! Let me know yay or nay

There's been a resurgence of Sarah players the last few months and I think this will be a great opportunity for all of us to learn and level up together and quickly. After all, Sarah can seem to be a pretty complex character

The idea: One evening every week (Monday? Tuesday? You guys let me know which day out of the whole week is good for you guys), Sarah players meet up in the VFDC shoutbox and set up room matches to play each other for 1 or 2 hours. These matches are specifically for leveling up our Sarah game and teaching other Sarah players, though people can pick other characters when learning things like specific matchups, punishes, and the like. HAVING A MIC IS ENCOURANGED so we can all share tips with each other. If you want, I can even stream it when I'm available.

The way to organize each seperate meet up would be to reply on this thread each week. Anyone can host the room (or rooms), or you can even do seperate Player Match rooms. It doesnt matter as long as we practice together and share tips and test tech to level up......and most of all, to PLAY VF, instead of being theory fighter shoutbox heroes.

Systems would alternate each week, XBL one week, PSN the next.

Anyone willing to try this out?

BeastEG, Dark Nova Void and ToyDingo like this.
  2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I honestly haven't played VF 'seriously' online in a good bit. But, I'd be willing to help out with this on the PSN side. I've run into far too many Sarah's in ranked that make me go "Really? You thought that was a good strategy?"

Screw it, anytime I have a few hours to kill, I'll post up in shoutbox or the comments and open up a Sarah Only room.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    bruciethebeast and BLACKSTAR like this.
  3. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

If any of you find me online you can invite me. I'm using Sarah here and there because I need to know her more. I'd be willing to use her for 1 or 2 hours sometimes.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  4. I'm down for it, I'm trying to get into using her again.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    u on psn or xbl or both?

6. Only PSN.

7. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Lets kick this off next Monday for PSN. Cool?

8. add me on Psn

9. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
  10. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I currently have a Sarah room open on PSN. Come in and get some schoolin'/ass whoopin'

Dark Nova Void and BLACKSTAR like this.
  11. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    I'll do whatever I can and make as many as I can!

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  12. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Man, that meet-up last night was FUN! :D GIVE ME ALL THE TECH! AND THE COSTUMES! :ninja:

@bruciethebeast everyone seems to have decided that instead of a set date every week when we meet, it will be more ad hoc -- that is, more random, i guess.

So check this thread and the shoutbox for when people set up a PSN room for all-Sarah night, it can happen on any day. Or you can even start a room yourself whenever you feel the need to learn some Sarah tech. If I'm available, I'll always join up, I like to figure out Sarah mirrors

And to @Libertine - you should've joined us last night!!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  13. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I didn't know this was going on! I was on PSN for awhile, but maybe not when you guys were playing. I didn't get an invite or anything.

14. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Libs, I don't know if we are friends over PSN. I'll add you so next time I can send a message.

Libertine likes this.