1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Already... a VF4 Mook

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/product/arc-m_004.html>Check this out</A>.

Guess it's time for me to hit the Japanese bookshop (ISBN supplied on the page). Thanks Mr. ~~~~~~~!!!

-Chanchai

2. Marginal

Marginal Well-Known Member

Neat. Are there any decent online Japanese bookstores? Not a one local unfortunately...

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

This book was released 8/10/01. I'm gonna head down to the Japanese bookstore in Japantown tomorrow to see if it's in stock =)

4. Heta_Akira

Heta_Akira Well-Known Member

Re: Japanese Text Translation (sort of) ... a VF4 Mook

Japanese Book? No need!
    Here is the Info on that Book:

It's true that I study Japanese, but still that translation is far from my actual knowledge. So I turn to Babel-Fish from Altavista. The translation is very rought, but at least you can get the idea about what they are talking about.

============================================
    The Arcade VF 4 first mook
    ENTERBRAIN MOOK ARCADIA EXTRA Vol.4 Virtua Fighter 4 Red Book - ELEMENTARY PHASE -

Covering the expectations and answering the prayers comes the a great editorial work "The Æ’oÂÂ[Æ’`Æ’Æ’Æ’tÆ’@Æ’CÆ’^ - 4 ' the editorial staff mook conversion!

All the 13 fighters (two new characters) are included. Easy to understand there are photos and skill chart explanation. The using apture and the aerial Æ’Rƒ“ƒ{, system analysis was begun, ' the Æ’oÂÂ[Æ’`Æ’Æ’Æ’tÆ’@Æ’CÆ’^ - 4 ' charm fully loads! Acquire the difference to the rival in this mook! - VF.NET introduction. - You explain system explanation, from basic system. - It wins as a column and records the speech. - Using the page which exceeds page 100, It introduces skill to character heat. - Furthermore it is easy to utilize, It publishes skill summary the classified by character. - Also capture classified by character of course recording. - The modification point in VF 4 introduction.
    =========================================

enjoy,

Miguel Andujar "Heta Akira"

Yuu Nen Hayain Da Yo!!! **
    ** You are ten years early!!!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Singapore readers

FYI: Anyone from Singapore...

Kinokuniya does not have this book (okay...Mook) in stock, but it is in their database. I've placed an order for 3 copies (2 are for friends of mine), and they're going for S$28.95 each.

P.S. Hi Chris /versus/images/icons/smile.gif When are you coming back to Singapore again?

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Singapore readers

Heta_Akira,
    Er... okay, that means that this book (I *refuse* to call it "mook"! =) is just one big preview? Does it have the entire movelist with execution, contact, recovery frames and hit levels?

Karma,
    Hi =) Probably heading to Singapore Dec 22 to Jan 7 or thereabouts... but, um... who might you be again? =P

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'll clear this mess up once n for all

the vf4 mook is a whopper
    208 pages thick
    full move lists ( includging secret moves)
    intro to vf.net system
    intro to vf4 system(system evaluation)
    clarification of changes from 3tb to 4
    frame rates etc
    13 characters->includes brief background..description, "tactical opinions" ( how to play em)
    etc etc

same as every damn mook published b4.

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

8. Chanchai

Keep in mind that part of the title is: Elementary Phase.

I figure it's not gonna tell us anything "advanced" (theoretically anyways) or things beyond introduction, small comentary, moveslist, and system information.... But I figure some people are like myself and enjoy collecting these things anyways. And I'm sure there is quite a bit of useful information as well. Heck, doesn't sound like it's too far from Gamest VF3 Act 1 for VF4. Definitely seems to be more information than Act 0.5.

In this light... I do admit I am really hoping for moveslists with extended information...

In any case, maybe someone who gets a copy of the book and understands it to some degree will give a minireview or summary of some sort.

-Chanchai

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just went to Kinokuniya in Japantown SF, they don't have it in stock. They were willing to special order the book for me (I gave them the ISBN#), but they said it'd take a full month... so I passed. Guess I'll look at online import bookstores...

Ah... as long as the book as framerates, it's all good =)

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Even today, the information in VF3 Act 1 is pretty impressive to me. There are many players (myself included) that haven't even completely mastered some of the stuff discussed in Act 1...

11. Chanchai

Wish I could just get someone to translate the mooks for me.... probably would cost me a fortune.

I still don't know much of what's written in Act 1, but I guess I should start reading Japanese again...

Definitely looking forward to this new mook though.

-Chanchai

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sent an email to AnimeNation asking if they could special order the bo... er... mook for me. Here's the reply:

<font color=yellow>Hi Chris,

The item you are looking for has been added to our system and will be placed on the site sometime in the next few weeks. Until then, if you would like to place an order for it right away, please forward this email with the item information and your customer information (name, shipping/billing address, form of payment, etc.) to:

sales@animenation.org

Here is the info on the item you have requested:

Virtua Fighter 4 'Red Book'

$19.95

Please be aware that import items can normally take from 2-6 weeks for special orders. Your order will be cancelled in the event that the item goes out of print or takes an extensive amount of time with the distributor (3 months is a good rule of thumb).

Thanks!
    Alden Thomas
    Special Order Purchasing
    AnimeNation
    </font color=yellow>

I think I might place an order for 2 copies today...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello all,

First time to post here. Nice meeting you all.
    I got the book. It is an elementary book. It basically consists from the basic system explanation and all the moves are listed with pictures. No damage listed. At the end, has little stradigies but not helpful at all.
    I used Lei and those pictures are hard to recognize the actual moves. However, it will give you some ideas. It has little explanations about each moves.

14. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

no frame data or even damage listings?

forget that. what crap. urrrgh.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Oooh,anyone know on sale in Hong Kong already?

16. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I usually never ever do this and I hope noone gets into the habits of doing this (cause it just FUCKS the other person trying to get it for cheap, the more people know about it the more ppl will bid). but i'll do this just once, and I have this anyway :)

the mook is on ebay right now..

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1179152429>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1179152429</A>

beware of the shipping charges, this is expensive.

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>