1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Am I the only Dallas player?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by modestmouse, Apr 2, 2002.

1. modestmouse

modestmouse Member

There must be some good players in this area. If any one is out there, post here and set up a place to play. A friend in Irving is willing to let us play at his place if you want. We have sticks and everything.

Also, unless plans change, there should be a tournament at the Gamestop in Arlington (forgot the address, but it's sort of near Little Road off I-20) sometime in the next few months. It'll probably be $5.00 to enter, and 1st place gets 60% of the profits. And 2nd and 3rd getting about 10-30%.

2. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I used to live in Taiwan and I listened to Modest Mouse, often when I was depressed, and played a shitload of VF3. Good luck finding VF buddies in the land of rodeo and longhorns and all.

I'm tryin' to drink away the part of the day that I can not sleep awayeeeaay!

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    hey guys,

while I live in LA right now, Dallas is my hometown, and I usually visit a couple times a year. I hope we can get together next time I'm around.

Maybe we could have a meet with people from austin like onikage etc.

anyway, keep playing, and we can meet sometime!

Spotlite

4. modestmouse

modestmouse Member

I'll be in Dallas for the next 5 months or so, then I'm moving to Colorado. If you guys want to play while I'm here, just let me know. The VF scene here is very quite so I'm up for a challenge.

5. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Also, unless plans change, there should be a tournament at the Gamestop in Arlington (forgot the address, but it's sort of near Little Road off I-20) sometime in the next few months. It'll probably be $5.00 to enter, and 1st place gets 60% of the profits. And 2nd and 3rd getting about 10-30%.

<hr></blockquote>
    Are you talking about the one in Stanton Plaza on Green Oaks? Or one of the locations on Cooper Street?

6. modestmouse

modestmouse Member

The Green Oaks location.

Last time I was there was for the Capcom Vs SNK 2 tourney and they said they want a VF4 tourney probably in June. That's the last I heard, though, so who knows if they still plan on having it.

But here's another event that will have a VF4 tournament. I'm going to try and make it.

http://www.a-kon.com/gaming/consolegaming.html

7. kstars15

kstars15 Member

I live in dallas i am going to the gamestop tournament.

8. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

It's too bad VF isn't popular in Texas... Austin is the only place I've seen a VF4 machine in the central/south part of the state.

Everyone in Texas is just too into Tekken and SF-related games.

Please post the time and date of the VF4 tourney, I may try to make that.

9. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I don't know if Gamestop is still having that tourney. It's been awhile since I last checked or been to that location. I go to another Gamestop and if there was a tourney planned soon, then I would of seen a flyer mentioning it somewhere.

The Akon tourney was ok. About 45 people entered. I almost didn't win because before the match we had to leave the game room while they set up and I ended up at the bar drinking for an hour. Luckily, it didn't affect my VF skills too bad. But I got my ass handed to me in CVS2, which I know wouldn't of happened had I not been drinking

Anyway, offer still stands if anyone wants to get together and play. Hell, at this point I'd play for money if that's what it takes to bring people out of the woodworks. Win or lose, at least I'll get to play new people.