1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AM2's crappy production cycles

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by NewB_4_Life, Jun 18, 2002.

1. NewB_4_Life

NewB_4_Life Active Member

It screws with my head to see SEGA rush out and tag on a new VF game just a few weeks after I bought VF4. Sure it was a long time after the release of VF4, but dag nabbit, I just got it. And now I feel a little weak fingered when I play 'cause I am thinkin that the gameplay has changed and what I am doing now will soon be eclipsed. I feel like "why bother" you're playing an old game-almost. Sure it's comin out for arcade, but then, where will it go next, PS/2? yucky XBOX? I need a pacifier or a way to make the purchase of my almost new game feel justified.

Maybe I should get a new frizbee, or maybe not!

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you need a pacifier alright.. .waaaah waaaah /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Just so I don't sound like a complete dickhead... bummer you bought VF4 so late. But if it cheers you up any, it's barely released in japanese arcades and prolly will be like... months and months and months before a console version is released. It'll never be seen in US arcades. So if you're in the USA, anything you learn on the PS2 will be useful.

3. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I need a pacifier or a way to make the purchase of my almost new game feel justified.

you're kidding right? You've got the home version of the best fighting game ever made at your fingertips, and you're somehow contriving to feel disappointed. Don't worry about Evo, enjoy what you have. Evo either will or will not come out for the PS2, we all have to wait and see about that.

In the meantime enjoy the awesome game you just bought. The bits physically encoded on the PS2 CD didn't change when Evo was announced. The only thing that changed was your perception. So get over it, and have fun.

And besides, I apply lessons I learned in VF2 to VF4 all the time - so it's not like your time practicing VF4 is going to be wasted when Evo is available.

grib.

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

heh, he shouldnt feel so bad. i still play ver. b in the arcade. i dont have a ps2 yet.......soon grasshoppa.......