1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Americans more worried about Will Smith losing his Oscar than .....

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Mar 31, 2022.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Americans appear to be more concerned about Will Smith losing his Oscar than they are about losing their right to vote or losing their Democracy.:confused:

I'm getting bombarded by every Tom , Dick and Harry streamer, pod caster, blah, blah, all outraged and indignant about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, but I didn't see any of that streaming, podcasting outrage as it appears American Democracy is now in jeopardy. Or any outrage at the massive voter suppression that's going on in the United States.

Where is the outrage on the massive voter suppression that's going on in the United States, or outrage at the recent Coup d'etat attempt by the Russian asset Donald Trumpo_O

There is no outrage on what happened in the United State on January 6 2021 with the attack on the United States capitol. But there appears to mass outrage and indignation over Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. All this chatter about Will Smith being held accountable. Americans should be more worried about holding a lot of other people accountable for far more serious infractions.:cautious:

Whether Will Smith loses his Oscar or not really should not be taking up all the streaming, podcasting, etc time that it is.

There are people dying in the Ukraine every day. An some pod casters are spending more time talking about the Will Smith slap than they do talking about the Russian Attack:mad:

I normally don't venture into political subject matter, but this 'slap heard around the world thing' has just gone too far. There is all kind of unjustified , inexplicable , heinous violence going on all around the world and the American Internet is going viral over a single pimp slap:whistle:

What's wrong with Americans:notworthy:

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Dude, forget them and their sillyness.:ROTFL:

I am not an American and find the whole slap thing ridiculous and silly. When I first saw it appear on youtube, I was going to keep away from watching anything on it, but I unfortunately decided to watch one short video, to find out what the heck was so important about that slap, involving two comedians. And boy did I regret it.:p

The weird thing is, after watching one short vid about it, I oddly felt, like a half baked bean with no brain, and like a derpy derpy derp, who lives on soda pop, pseudo politics, and tatter chips.:confused:

Me, I'm not going to give views or clicks, for that silly hollywood attention loving staged sillyness. And besides as I mentioned above, both are them are comedians and movie actors, get the hint.;)

Don't waste ya time with them. Hollywood needs the attention, since most young people for the past 3 decades, play videogames, enjoy console wars, and seldom watch their cheesy movies, and tv series, especially us outside of the US.:whistle:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  3. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    You're not looking hard enough then because both of those have been huge stories for the American press and UK press too. Literally you can't navigate Twitter without seeing something related to the Ukraine invasion.

Probably because you keep clicking on that content so the algorithm keeps showing you more.

Of course it's going to take up time, it's a popular news item and streamers want clicks and ad revenue. I used to be a youtube partner and to make money you'd have to jump on the news stories even if they weren't video game related.

The slap is significant because it's raised many questions in relation to what is acceptable in comedy, what are the boundaries associated with comedy etc.

How far is too far?

Then there's the questions of assault and can you justify it? Is it ever justified to hit someone over your (or a family members) feelings being hurt?

Smith is a huge star. Pretty much anything he does is going to make news and when he smacks another famous comedian in the face, at (arguably) the biggest awards ceremony... Well you can see why the press would eat it up.

I don't see it plastered over social media because I don't click on it, I don't interact with it. When I get the option I choose "see less of this" etc

You should do the same.

4. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Democracy Youtube shows Ukraine and West position but banned Russian videos and position.
    think about that... why?

May be b/c youtube and west mass media are the weapon of propaganda of Empire of lie to support dollar and US gegemony? think about that...

You dont know the other side, you dont see the other side.... but you attempt to decide and post you decision. This is a wrong way.
    think about that...

Ask yourself what is fascismo, what is the Ally of angels in Donetsk... find the answer. and look what was happening in Ukraine last 10 years.
    think about that...

Whats is wrong with you.

Where is your Freedom and Democracy?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022