1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AMK Funland

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feii, Jan 16, 2002.

1. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    Guess wat ppl.the VF 4 machine at AMK funland has been reduced to 1 credit~!!!good news for those staying in the north~!hehe.and ppl in bugis also.got new hangout for ya.c u ppl soon~ =)

2. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Cool !
    But really appreciate that its 3 round game... last time their VF3 machines were good. 2 of them side by side... really look forward that AMK management do that again...
    When you guys going down? keep me posted?

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Haha I would like to see that happen too. But I don't suppose they will do it coz I just asked them to reduce the price yesterday. I will be pushing my luck if I go tell the manager to increase the number of rounds again.

Any way look on the bright side, although both Bugis and AMK are now 1 credit per game with 2 rounds.$10 at Bugis is only 20 games (10 / 0.5) whereas at AMK a $10 card comes with 28 credits, AFAIK it is THE cheapest place to play VF4 now.

4. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    how bout sat or sun?think alan they all will be down too.hehe.=)

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

just caught a flu from my office so cannot play sigh..

I will probably go down on sat. The AMK people are quite nice huh. Must tell them that Hougang have one with 3 squares and 50 cents. Actually can ask if they can change to 3 squares for VS matches only. It is a win-win situation for them as if people play VS they definately earn more than someone playing CPU.

6. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    yea been pretty broke lately also.haha.school sux.ill try to be down on sat.prolly at night ard 7+ like tat.contac Shun they all ask them come down also~haha danny also.he stay wdl.

7. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I hope i'll have the time to go down to play tho.... dammit my course is killing me.... >_<

What buses go there and if by MRT how do we get there from the station?

lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lollipop (???)

8. LittleWild

The nearest MRT station is AMK. duh. =P

Fun land is within walking distance after you get off the train. Just ask around for directions.

9. Pinkgirl

I think you didn't quite read my post carefully. I said:

"...if by MRT how do we get there from the station?"

Obviously I know it's AMK MRT but thing is, how do I get to AMK Funland from the MRT???????? Not every passerby knows where an arcade is...

But never mind, I'll ask other people.

10. Pinkgirl

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Actually can ask if they can change to 3 squares for VS matches only. It is a win-win situation for them as if people play VS they definately earn more than someone playing CPU.

<hr></blockquote>Yeah you could try... I wonder why this time round most arcades around SG have put two squares per vs. match instead of three. In the VF3 days I dare say about 90% of arcades here used three squares for vs. matches. Any arcade offering only two squares per vs. match would've been boycotted by a lotta people.

Anyway, I think arcades here are getting to be more ridiculous. Two squares per vs. match?! I'd rather pay more and get three squares. No one challenges with just two squares per game. Sheesh.

It'll be a win-win situation for them if they configure it to 2 squares per match and not 3, because 3 squares is longer gameplay compared to 2 squares, and the machine'll get fewer challengers that way (since any particular challenger, ceteris paribus, will stick around longer in a 3-round match than in a 2-round).

11. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

Hell, in orlando at rockies, both machines are set to 3, but one machine is set to 30 second matches and the other is set to 40. I think it should actually be infinite. beat the snot out of each other until you KO'ed.

12. Pinkgirl

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Hell, in orlando at rockies, both machines are set to 3, but one machine is set to 30 second matches and the other is set to 40. I think it should actually be infinite. beat the snot out of each other until you KO'ed.

<hr></blockquote> Well, here in SG machines are not only set to 2 rounds per match, they are also set to only 30 seconds per round. How more stingy can those damn arcades get???????

13. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

eh that is stingy. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

14. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    yea....specific directions to get there is a little diff to describe ill try my best.here goes.
    1)at the gate from the MRT turn right.n go out thru tat exit.
    2)walk all the way towards S11.then u will see Jubilee Cineplex.
    3)continue along tat direction u will pass by some clinics a shop selling bubble tea and a coffeeshop.
    4)beyong tat coffeeshop lies an old cinema.walk n turn left.u will see a place wif colorful doors.walla~! tats AMK Funland

P.S.my description may sound shit.but tats the way.to go.hope it helps =P

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually..I think ur description is rather perfect.

Everything sounds correct..from the clinic to the kopitiam

The bubble tea place sure as hell wasn't there when I went there some two yrs ago.

It's a rather funny contrast...cinema is so old n dirty...the colors on the walls all faded...TADA! Bright colorful AMK funland.

16. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    i stay amk wat.any lots has changed.they tearing down the cinema then gonna build one billiard/pool salon there i think.yay~ finally we can haf pool n billiard in amk~! =P

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh well
    Down here...we can play pool at strip clubs....one buck per game...play the game..watch the game
    If u're bored, watch the chicks do their stuff...

God...I love the things I can and AM ALLOWED TO do in this country!

18. LittleWild

Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't reading carefully.

Btw, maybe you can write up a petition or something and pass it to the arcade managers if you want them to change the settings so badly.

19. LAU Abuser

And wat time? Sat is ok with me...
    I think i can give a good challenge with my Lau n Jeff...
    But dun get pissed by my Jeff as i abuse b+P till i sometimes go for smoke breaks to change my style of playing...
    My Lau abuses b,b+P,........
    I use Akira oso but that's just for my own entertainment...

So, wat time and tat's abt all to get me going there

20. LAU Abuser

Dun mind me saying but Hougang VF4 machine sucks!!! Juz look at the joys stick... Anyway, i already accustomed to that...