1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

And the Best LAU Combo is?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i meant ver B and C. I tried in ver B with littlewild. Tried ver C at home with bro and some others.

IMO, I think the person who did the palm is bad in timing.

2. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Hmmm..... Good research topic. Must submit for Doctorate in VF (VfD) project /versus/images/icons/smile.gif This question must be answered! (Puts on lab coat and gloves, approaches PS2 to load VF4)

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

eh u got back ur ps2? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

This is not good for me. The moment I posted the "lab coat and gloves" I'm upgraded to Enthusiast! Whoops. Getting a little too hardcore /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Close stance: uf+P (leg flop) ~ d+P ~ DF+PP+K

Plus the good thing about the above is that you can still tag a b,b+P to connect OTB, and if the opponent hits the wall, a TA d+K, and a stomp too. Nasty.

Okay, having minor problems with this one. I seem to be able to get a higher success rate against heavy weights, but would totally whiff for mid and light weights. Now, what I'm confused about is that shouldn't the distance matter more in comparison to stance ?

6. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

no basically what genie is saying that if you do not struggle, a buffered b,f+p will whiff. If you delay your b,f+p, MAYBE it will be possible to struggle out. I dunno, maybe there is a time when you can execute to hit a person whether he struggle or not but I do not think so. But I guess Wilson is correct in that there is timing involved in the b,f+P.

7. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Now, I'm looking for the best follow up to Lau's trusty old hopping knife. d/f+P,P,P,d+K just doesn't seem to cut it against the heavier weight classes. A variant that someone else was doing is P,b+P,P, but doesn't seem to hit most of the time... Suggestions ?

The 2 combos that Feixaq has mentioned is indeed stance dependent, and even then it is not guaranteed 100%. I don't usually do those combos nowadays, I just tag on a pounce after the leg flop animation, its guaranteed damage and it only does a few points less damage than his flashier OTB combos anyway.

8. alucard

Oh...you talking about Lau's hop kick(u+k) hah? I think you need to MC before you can link b,f+p, and it has a slightly worse recovery compared to u/f+p.

I think I made a mistake here. u+k will float on MC, and b,f+p will connect on a normal hit. Hmm...at 16f ex, this is a pretty good move, pity it doesn't have any range though.

9. alucard

since we are on the subject of lau's combos, can i ask what are lau's staple wall combos(if he has any, i most certainly believe he does); also, his guarenteed followups to his ST throw(i realize the palm isn't guarenteed), and i brought up the question of the reliability of his UpKn,SuperKn-->bb+Pd+PPPd+K VF3 combo; could someone please answer that too?

Almost all of Lau's downknife/upknife/punch sequences combos after a wall hit.
    The VF3 combo you mentioned doesn't work in VF4.

10. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

would it be because the bb+Pd+PPPd+K seems slower in execution?(seemed to see something like this somewhere, couldn't remember where)

11. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

ok; i do know that you can connect his various PPPd+K enders after a wall hit, but i'd like specific combos; like maybe

ST-->SgPm-->df,df+P,P,b+P,P-->Wall hit-->PPPd+K

or something like that; that would be nice. mainly ST wall combos i think.

btw, does that combo i posted work?