1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Taunts

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Maximus, May 9, 2005.

1. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

I hope for VF5 Sega puts on angry taunts. You know like when you have those fights that really piss you off. And afterwards when you win you just wanna look angry. Not a lot of characters have that. At least my Akira has that one where he throws his fists in the air and says "I did it", which is kinda angry in a way. But I'm playing with jacky and all his taunts are happy-go-lucky. I just wish there were angry taunts. Something that says, "Stay down, bitch" or like, "You want some more, huh".

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Just yell at your television when you win.

Seriously, in VF2 or 3, Akira had a special win taunt when scoring an excellent. He said something like "Ora! Ora! ORA!" Each word increased in volume. He had his arms spread wide, hands clenched into fists, muscles shaking. I kind of miss that. Maybe it was too offensive and that's why it's gone.

3. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    He still has that motion but he says something different now. It's one of his old poses from the shop, the other one is the double kicks.

4. Maximus

Well I just think that maybe they can make the taunts available to be bought just like the other regular taunts. So you can have the option of doing the taunts that you want. This way everyone can be happy.

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

And then your opponent, getting scared cause you're angry, could start the next round with the 'feartaunt' and then you can do the "friendship!" buttonpress combination to sign an autograph.

Oki, I kid, I kid!!

Kinda.

/KiwE

6. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    In my experience, the winning character doesn't have enough time to do ANY taunt before someone presses the "Rematch" option.

Guess it all depends who you play with, though.

7. Tgood

Tgood Active Member

So you mean you what more taunts like Goh's when he wipes his feet/shoes on the persons then kicks them?

8. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Ain't VF's 'plot' a friendly tournament between great fighters? Thats why it'd kinda against the rules to mock others. I don't like Goh's winning poses. After he has beaten the hell out of his opponent he kicks them once again without any good reason. As if the fight had been some kind of street fight between two each other hating guys.

9. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ryadus said:

Ain't VF's 'plot' a friendly tournament between great fighters? Thats why it'd kinda against the rules to mock others. I don't like Goh's winning poses. After he has beaten the hell out of his opponent he kicks them once again without any good reason. As if the fight had been some kind of street fight between two each other hating guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the manual. Its a tournament held by j6 to perfect dural the ultimate fighter. Everybody is in it for money or some stupid other reason.

As for Goh, he is an evil maniac, of course he's gona fuck with his opponent after he's finished.

At least he doesnt go bryan fury on that ass

10. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Alright, understood. Thanks for making it clear. But still I think it's against principles of fair fighting and martial arts that you kick your opponent's ass after the match.

11. Maximus

Yeah, when I saw Bryan's win pose I was like wtf, this is T rated? That IMO was too much.

Ryadus: You're right that VF is a fair-based fighter, but since the majority of people have played Street Fighter or some other more violent fighter (namely MK) and have watched SF movies and episodes, their view and mine have been shaped to think that all fighters represent street fights.

Although I don't want VF to turn into another idiotic MK DA or MK Deception, I still feel that there should be some sort of angry taunt, or at least mildly angry.

12. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

how aout this one

"URRRRRRRRRR MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

13. Maximus

That might work.

14. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:

how aout this one

"URRRRRRRRRR MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I, too, could accept that one /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Who is Bryan? What kind of win pose did he have?

15. Maximus

[ QUOTE ]
    Ryadus said:

Who is Bryan? What kind of win pose did he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bryan Fury is a character from T5. In one of his win poses he VIOLENTLY and MALICIOUSLY punches the hell out of his opponent while on top of them on the ground once he wins the match.

16. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

i thought it was a pretty calm and cool punchingmyself

17. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:

i thought it was a pretty calm and cool punchingmyself

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you're right, but the point was that hitting your opponent AFTER beating them is cruel.

18. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

bryan has that ending pose in T4 just just press
    R-punch as the match ends

19. Yomachaser

Yomachaser New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Although I don't want VF to turn into another idiotic MK DA or MK Deception, I still feel that there should be some sort of angry taunt, or at least mildly angry

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeffrey and Goh (more so Goh) both have taunts like that don't they?

20. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yomachaser said:
    Jeffrey and Goh (more so Goh) both have taunts like that don't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but Jeffry is bad-tempered ferocious monster and Goh - as said before - is a psycho and maniac.
    Others are insulting their opponents in some winning poses, but at least not hitting.