1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Another 6 new movies at TBzone

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by AkiraKidWannaBe, Oct 22, 2001.

1. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

This time, those movies feature Akira, Jacky, Wolf and Lei.
    So, enjoy them...

2. AkiraKidWannaBe

I forgot mentioning that AkiraKid played Lei and Jacky.

3. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

the matches featuring shinz (akirakid) as lei are very impressive. the stance cancellation techniques that he has developed with lei and his backdashing/backcrouchdashing skills have advanced since the previous set from the korean vf4 beta. it looks like he's effectively able to use stance movement in conjuction with backdashes to avoid reprisals following rushes. and since becoming such a consummate lei player, the nickname 'akirakid' is no longer really appropriate...

the jacky matches are lame, i think he might just be messing around. his spacing is cool, but otherwise its b.k.c. and trip 'n hammer ad nauseum.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying these particular movies. A lot more than some of the other clips. ShinZ (Akira Kid, I assume, gonna refer as ShinZ from now on) is actually impressing me in both the Jacky and Lei Fei forms.

Jacky's generally been a simple character (that can of course be played in more interesting and complicated ways--to an extent anyways), but the reflexes and "bastardly" aspects of ShinZ's play scares me. I forgot how fast the shuffle steps were!!! (I had a lot of fun using it at SVGL during my visit in August) In any case, I like the speed and efficiency of his Jacky. Floats my boat, but probably annoys people who can't stand seeing the beat knuckle or shuffle step.

ShinZ's Lei Fei... Now that's a beauty... Always doing something (Is he ever not doing something with just about any character?). In any case, Lei Fei's looking very scary to me... Especially after seeing the final round of that second match.... One evil setup after another....

Presently, I am liking the whole aspect that VF4 doesn't have a single set of rising options so to speak... Not only does your opponent have the standard okizeme initative after knocking you down, your opponent has a fair amount of control over your options depending on how he or she knocked you down. This is one of those "duh" statements, but I think it should be noted. Lei Fei's 90% or whatever sequence is an example of controlling the okizeme environment to a certain degree. The general use of throws is another example. Etc...

As obvious as this might be to quite a few people here, I think it is at least a subject of great interest (especially when somebody comes out writing some definitive articles or faqs on characters, putting in okizeme-driven strategies with tactics to force the opponent down to a few choices--always been a factor in VF, but it's gonna be crazy in okizeme). Anyways... I'm sure you all get the point already/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

5. VIVI

VIVI Active Member

Yeah his Lei Fei is scary for sure, the guy that play Akira isn't bad either, but in that two movies, His Lei Fei make that Akira look bad.

His play style is stylish as well.

6. AkiraKidWannaBe

his Lei scary?
    The movies are not showing his true potential at all.
    Those matches came from his regular playing at arcade against people he always plays.
    Since it was not a real competition or tournament, he didn't put his mind into the matches much.
    I rather say he was fooling around much.
    Actually, this applies to all the movies at TBzone.
    For the people who got disappointed by the Korean movies and got impressed by Japanese movies,
    think about this.
    The Korean movies came from just regular arcade playing,
    and Japanese movies came from the big tournaments.
    I bet chibita's regular playing is different from his playing at the competition.

Still, the Akira player (AkiraKid's brother) is considered as one of best Akira Player,
    but see how Akirakid made his old brother a bad player.

You want to see his true potential?
    Then. you have to see him in the real competition.

The first time people challenge him, they got frustrated and say the same thing.
    "How could his attacks be connected all the time, and my attacks be blocked all the time"
    The real strength isn't his skill.
    It's his psychic game that reads your thinking.

P.S. Shinz's came from his last name Shin and z (which I don't know, anyone?).

7. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I doubt Chibitas playing is worse when he is casually playing...just look at his win percentage...92%, you cant play around that much to have such a high win percentage and such a high dan.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

8. AkiraKidWannaBe

With Chibita's skill, he can fool around and still win most of time against casual arcade players.
    You don't get challenged by high skilled players all the time at the arcade.
    But in the big tournament, many high skilled players will fight him.
    So, I think he put a lot more mind into games than casual playing at arcade.
    Hmm, manybe that's my idea.

Okay. Have a nice day~

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Nah to increase your dan dont you have to fight against people with the same or higher dan? So to be so high he has to win against people who are at the same level or better.

I also heard (spotlites report) that in Japan there is culture that if you are not at the same skill level you dont tend to challenge better players. For example if someone is 5th dan they wont challenge a 10th dan player.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

10. AkiraKidWannaBe

Then, how could he become 11th dan(Emperor) after 10th dan(small emperor)?

According to your logic, he had to fight the same 10th dan or someone whose dan is higher than 10th dan.
    But, THERE WAS NO ONE WHO WAS THE SAME OR HIGHER DAN THAN HIS DAN WHEN HE BECAME 11TH DAN.

I think there must be something else...

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

If you fight and win vs 5 10-dan players in a row, you get promoted to Sho Ha Oh or Ha Oh... IIRC...

[​IMG]

12. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Well-Known Member

TBZone? What's the URL?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://anyrpg.topcities.com>Fighter's Destiny</A>, a Virtua Fighter RPG.

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://tbzone.co.kr/vf4/index.html>http://tbzone.co.kr/vf4/index.html</A>

[​IMG]

14. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Actually, I want to clarify what I meant before.

The attitude I talked about before applies to people who are all good players. The whole rank thing doesn't come into play as much; rather, it seems sometimes people seem to have a kind of "respect" (for lack of a better word) for people who are very strong. Chibita is arguably Japan's star or #1 player at the moment, so if you see him streaking, you might not just jump in all like "Yeah, gimme a shot!" You might just try to watch and learn a little, or just enjoy seeing him do his thing. The whole rank thing can be deceiving, too. When I was at Kanispo, I was a Nidan, whereas Segirl was a Sandan (one step above me). But Segirl is a MUCH stronger player than me, and was continually going on 25-30 game win streaks; I was lucky to get 2 or 3 wins. Yet by contrast, when he was streaking, seemed like everyone DID want a peice of him. I think it's because he isn't as strong as someone like Chibita when I was there. So while Segirl is well known from VF3, he was probably considered to be somewhat on the level with more average players when I was there; even though his win streaks were well above average. It's strange, maybe I can videotape this social etiquite next time I'm there.

Also, for a while I've been wanting to mention Chibita's playing when I was there. At KaniSpo during big streaks, his play was the most impressive VF playing I've ever seen, hands down. It was VERY different from the comp clips that are available. Those show really conservative play. When I saw him play, he was utterly in your face, non stop, relentlessly attacking. I'd imagine it's similar to what people are saying about the Akira Kid video, endless offense that's almost perfect. He was going for 2 big down attacks in a row, shit like that. It was so cool, I'd always known Lion could be played like that, but most Lion players seem to like mid-range guessing games better than in your face offense. It was so cool. I can only say it was like watching a Lau or Pai rush with Lion.

I think that kind of non-comp play is always way more interesting than comp play. Some cool stuff happens in comps, but casual, fun play among really skilled players is always much more enjoyable to watch, I think.

Spotlite

15. Buzzard2

Why the ##@*&^*&(*&#^*&A^%*&#^%* is everything in a foreign language!! Grrr...I feel like I'm illiterate!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://anyrpg.topcities.com>Fighter's Destiny</A>, a Virtua Fighter RPG.

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I also heard (spotlites report) that in Japan there is culture that if you are not at the same skill level you dont tend to challenge better players. For example if someone is 5th dan they wont challenge a 10th dan player.

Ah no... Spotlite said that the there are a proportion of players that would not use their VF.net card if they were challenging a stronger opponent because they fear lowering their ranking... or getting a bunny on their shoulder :)

I think the lower level players still challenge. They just don't use the VF.net card all the time.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

Oops! Spotlite already replied... heh, broke one of Creed's rules... :)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Yupa on 10/22/01 03:27 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You want to click the complex and unusual looking symbol at the top that looks just like a grey button that says "Download". From there go to the difficult, arcane links that appear to the right such as "Japan" "Korea Act 1" "Korea Act 2 [NEW!]"

I'll leave you to figure out the rest.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

18. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: BOOKMARK THIS LINK (dammit)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://202.30.101.222/vf4/download/download.html> tbzone movies </A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://tbzone.co.kr/vf4/akira/combination/combo.htm> tbzone combo pages </A>

For those that don't want to deal with all the flash and frame bullshit.

--
    "I know I say the word 'fuck' a lot, and I'd apologize, but; I don't give a shit." - Lewis Black

19. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I can't understand that...maybe some respect thing...but I wouldn't have any qualms against challenging superior players...thats how you get better.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

20. Buzzard2

Well, I tried, but the stupid AOHELL infected drivers for the downloader make it so it won't download without AOHELL, which I don't have anymore :-(. Can't someone directly link?