1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anti characters

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by ChibiSushi, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Yeah it's hard not to feel sorry for someone when you get a wall stagger and just spam [K].

You've stopped playing Goh? Why's that? Who do you use now?

2. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

(im replying to no one in particular) well, it ([K]) could technically be mid but for me, its a close-mid range. and if i was playing a human, of course id rethink my interesting but "smart" strategy lol. i wouldnt use it if it didnt work /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. and i think faded might be right about the [K] being better on only certain things like execution speed and stagger. but i stay far back (which is pretty stupid if ur using Goh cuz hes mostly a close-ranged guy) which [K] doesnt have an advantage over [4][6][K]. and its also true that u take step towards opp wen u do this move and thats why i like it since goh is close range. if its blocked, i dont have much of a disadvantage since im far enough for fast jabs to miss and close enough to do some damage (ex. [K] or [1][K]+[G] or [2_][6][P]+[K] or [2][P] [if the opp starts advancing] or [P]+[K] for any elbows or punches).

and ty elite for the advice /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and of course my follow ups depend on my opp.

and ya, [K] rules at walls. and y feel sorry, it was their fault in the first place lol.

3. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Kage as main now. It really wasn't intentional I just started messing around with him one day and everything seemed to click.

And for some reason it's completely ruined my ability to play the more sluggish characters so Goh and Jeff are seeing very minimal use now. It's a real shame because I really enjoyed playing Goh, and I felt I could have maybe taken him a little farther than I did.

Hmm I should really change my avatar.

4. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I find the best way to kill Lion players is continual offence, try not to be too predictable. But the deal is, if you know lion will use his then HE is the predictable one. You can use moved not parryable and cream him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess, but this concept can round in circles. For example:

If the sarah player knows that lion will use his sabaki and the lion player knows that sarah knows he will the sabaki, then SHE will become the predictable one.

What you said about continual offence works though, but only if you know your opponents playing style. If you go against a decent lion player that you havnt played before, continual offence may not always work.

5. ChibiSushi

ChibiSushi Active Member

I wish youd go bak to using Goh very few people use him beacuse of his slugishness. Anyway i would like to put the thread bak to what do you guys think are miss matches or particularly tough matches for certain characters. /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

6. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Thats the thing with continual offence, its the one thing that usually works against a player you havent played before.

7. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

Goh and Brad vs ???

Simple: Goh versus any fast powerful character (Brad, Sarah, Jacky, Lau). Nonetheless, this is pointless cause at high level play, the characters don't have hard times against each other, the players do. The characters simply suit each player's style, and this has pretty decent variability, except for Goh and Brad (they really don't have that many options for mindgames, etc.) which is understandable since they're new.

Note: I use both of them very often (90% of my VS play time) and honestly, they need a lot of work. However, Brad definitely more of an advantage in intermediate skill fights. Goh needs too much setting up to work and lacks good offensive options after his stuns, adv. gains, etc. since his combos are so limited. He works great against impatient people. While Brad works best against not so aggressive players, but may have some trouble (very little) against fuzzy guarding turtlers (fuzzy guard everything and wait for you to attack... basically Shun, Goh, and possibly Wolf).

8. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats the thing with continual offence, its the one thing that usually works against a player you havent played before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea against newbies (dean or tim). What about if BOTH players decide to use continual offence?
    What the hell happens then? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Whoever's using Lau wins....

10. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

AncientShinobi, your grammar is horrid. I suggest that you don't type the same way you text on a phone.

Anyway, here's our common scenario. I'm Sarah, Ancientcrap is Goh. I do a particular move which ends in birdie stance (like [3]+[P],[K]). Now whenever I do [K] 3x it seems to get him every time - I can't remember any instances wherin he was able to stop that silly parlor trick over and over again. Is that birdy > [K] 3x really that good or Goh has no choice but to block all then drag his butt out of Sarah's kick zone?

11. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Your opponent is rubbish.

12. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

tru dat.

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

How about ducking? Or dodging to her open side?

14. ShinobiBeats

ShinobiBeats Member

Im having trouble with my password This is AncientShinobi.

About Sarah's [K][K][K] on flamingo i know that move well enough, it has priorety over, if not all, most moves, the the 2 kicks afterwards can be ducked. I am not falling for this parlor trick. The problems im having with Sarah are with range Setsuna you know this. I dont understand why you said im having trouble with Flamingo kkk.You also know i beat you in any other character you use except for Sarah (who i am having trouble with). I know your strongest character is Jacky, but quite frankly i own your ass when you use him.

You should watch what you say ShinobiSetsuna especially when you lie like this.

You know I have nothing to hide, you on the other hand have alot of secrets especially with regards to internet identity.

As with the rubish well i dont blame you guys Setsuna is a good lier.

15. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Waa!? My intention is not really to badmouth you or anything, y'know.

Remember, I was curious from the start if there's something that Goh, or from that matter, anyone without a counter or sidekick sabaki that can stop that bird > kickickick other than wavedashing away (I bet the other 2 kicks track, too. so sidestepping the first kick is kinda futile... i think).

Cut him some slack hehe, the main reason he's getting waxed repeatedly by those kicks 'cuz he probably did everything Goh can probably use to outprioritize those kicks. Even I would make dashing back sa my last resort.

16. ShinobiBeats

ShinobiBeats Member

This is weird since, when you play Sarah against my Goh you usually do a sort of sniping play wer u priorities sweeping and mid kicks. a descent play but a sort of gei one but i wouldnt blame you since geting near with Goh can be dangerous overall its a good play. Now you know i dont get hit by that stupid move always sometimes yes but dont we all? That move does not cause much trouble with me but rather your long range moves do.

Now your first post was just plain rude and stupid considering you over estimate a move that does little to to let you win against me.

Hope you have better replys than this something with substance and truth would be nice. And for the people here, someone who contiously falls for that flamingo KKK move continously does deserve to be called rubish. Virtua Fighter is a game where you think not just move /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

17. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Okay, now back to the mismatches... My pretty face owns ur face 'cuz you look like Goh...

Hmm, very decisive indeed... If you don't understand, then I know I have judged rightly...

18. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

HEY COOL! ur from manila! i used to live there. we moved to Canada about 8 years ago. i miss Philippines...

19. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

hey aznricemasta, I used to live in cebu, half british/philipino. Anyho, Sarah is my main character and no one around my areaplays her (let alone plays virtua fighter) as there are only a handfull of good players here. Now Devil7om is using Sarah more and more, and I have never fought a good Sarah myself, i find myself wondering, how to beat the priority of the first [K] out of flamingo?

With Sarah vs Sarah I simply evade to open side, ducking doesnt seem to help much as the 2nd kick has priority as well, and I dont feel like waiting around for openings, I am an agressive player after all.

My other characters are wolf and vanessa, with these characters its a lot easier to stop flamingo [K]. A high reversal with wolf and vanessa is wonderfull for those who [K] from flaming or quick jab out of flamingo. Once they stop using [K] or [P] from flamingo, they'll soon notice her other kicks from flaming have MUCH less priority and eventually you'll overpower her and Sarah will revert to her jab game, or more in-depth tactics.

Akira, Pai, Wolf and Vanessa can reverse the flamingo [K] easy. Goh easily subaks the [K] with [4][6][K] as well, as can Lion's quartercircle subake. That's all Ive really studied into beating that [K] from flam. Sarah aint to unstopable, unles I use her /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif ha, haha, hahaha.

20. ShinobiBeats

ShinobiBeats Member

I understand what u said on your second post, but could you take a look at your first post it doesnt even remotely resemble what you mean on the second post. I wana stop this, its getting rediculous,just wondering why your such an ass on the net. Get your gei shit together man.

Anyway. I agree bak to the topic