1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-TR Instant Death Guide

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by CreeD, Jan 10, 2003.

1. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The reason why the CPU isn't TRing after the [3][P]+[K] is because you can't. You can only TR from an air slam if you land face up feet towards. After this backstagger situation, you are slammed in the face up head towards position. So, this means the [3][P]+[K] to ground throw combo is a lot more reliable now, provided they don't guess the ground throw escape.

I also tested it a little more and found too that the [P][P][P][K] or [2][K] followups don't work in an open stage (float isn't high enough), but if you're against a wall then they won't have any problem connecting. In a real match, you might score a lucky counter hit after the back stagger so always be ready to maximise your combo.

3. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

I had the chance to test the Aoi TR stuff out in battle today against and it's definately legit. As I said however, if they are great at struggling you should stick to 66P+KP. Her 6K is only bs-6 so it's relatively safe even if they do block.

Well I guess Aoi is settled for Evo now... and that ends the list of characters I know...

4. kimheng

kimheng Well-Known Member

AS for as me,I prefer doing [6]+[P]+[K],[P]~[G] / [6]+[K] /[3]+[P]+[K] etc... after they TR,it seems that elbow cancel for a backsatgger is easier than side kick [3]+[K]

Do you know a backstagger combo for Goh?

5. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

kim:
    I could see that being more viable for being closer for the 6K. But the range on 3K makes it pure gold for this stuff. For Aoi you can dash into the range of c.throwing the in-place TR, then read that versus the side TR and act accordingly. Naturally, you can g.throw here too. 3K's range makes all this possible. Easier yomi = better Aoi.

6. kimheng

sorry I'm french and I don't understand all your english.... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    for me,it's just that I can miss my [3]+[K] after TR (too early,too late?)whereas when I do elbows,it always hit for the backstagger combo
    I don't know if it happens only for me,but seems that elbows cancels for backstagger don't require any strict timing ...
    It's just my opinion /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

after TR,for the backstagger hit,I have already done:
    [3]+[K]
    [6]+[P]+[K],[P]~[G]
    [6][6]+[P]+[K],[P](the second attack wiffs)-->not sure it works because my brother doesn't struggle very fast lol

7. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

why in the world is 3p [3][P] and why dont you guys use those awesoem arrows to show this!? the freakin 3 on the number pad represents [9] NOT [3] so why dont you say 9P that makes so much more sense...also after the backstagger i've noticed the [6][6][P]+[K],[P] works well most of the time but sometimes whiffs the second strike but [6]+[K],[K] connects all the time and does 1 pt. less damage max then the other.

8. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

The numbers on the number pad that are traditionally on the right side of a keyboard, and I presume yours, are set up as follows.

Unless they are different on yours, which I doubt.

So the arrows, which you mentioned on this site, are as follows

[7][8][9]
    [4]( )[6]
    [1][2][3]

The ( ) above represents the stick at the neutral position.

So therefore:

[7][8][9] 789
    [4]( )[6] 456
    [1][2][3] 123

See how they correspond? So 3P is actually [3]+[P]

9. SoundWave

whoops was on a laptop and didn't have the numbers in front of me /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif was thinkin they were like a phone.

10. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SoundWave said:
    was thinkin they were like a phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmf, go figure.

11. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

Kim:
    Well I don't get everything you're on either, but basically, what I'm saying is that the range of 3K will make it more useful against TRs than 6P+K.

For you and sound, remember thatn 66P+KP, the 2nd P can be delayed pretty long. Stuggle or not, this works. Just drag the 66 input so you dash in a bit first.

12. SoundWave

are you talkin about causing the backstagger with [6][6][P]+[K],[P]? or using it after the backstagger? cuz after the backstagger delaying the second part would just make it miss,wouldn't it? and if you use it for the backstagger the second part could actually cause the backstagger if timed right..but does it recover faster enough for you to capitalize on the backstagger?

13. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

Always stagger with 3K, then follow with 66P+KP. Delay the 66 and hold the final 6 a tad to "drag" the inputs into a slight forward dash. Saying makes it sound a lot harder than it is. Slight delay on the final P should make it work 100%. Of course, at the highest struggle levels they block this and everything else.

14. SoundWave

i actually did find that if you hold that second forward input it makes it easier or for me i just tap forward three times and it has the same effect i think, if i tap it three times i get the stagger consistently , if i only hit it twice i dont.

15. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

Err... the 66P+K isn't for staggering... well whatever work for you.

A note to Kim:
    According to the major VF4:e guide here (VF4:e Complete by softbank). Middle Kick does more stuggle time than Hije (elbow). So, 3K>6P+K in terms of struggle advantage time as well. I strongly recommend learning the 3K timing.

16. kimheng

[ QUOTE ]
    WCMaxi said:

Err... the 66P+K isn't for staggering... well whatever work for you.

A note to Kim:
    According to the major VF4:e guide here (VF4:e Complete by softbank). Middle Kick does more stuggle time than Hije (elbow). So, 3K>6P+K in terms of struggle advantage time as well. I strongly recommend learning the 3K timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK,you're right
    Do you know how many frames advantage Aoi have after staggering the opponent?

But after side kick,I just can do [6][6]+[P]+[K],[P],which is not a pretty good damaging combo.... /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. SoundWave

ya even after the stagger it seems like she can't float anyone...would a crouch dash to 270 work?

18. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

Kim/Sound:
    Well that's the nature of struggle. All of the combos listed here can be stuggled out of, even the ones Creed listed. So you have to know how well the opponent will struggle and act accordingly.

Kim:
    I've landed 6K, 3P+K, g.throw after 3K. Again, it's all in how much they struggle. In all cases 66P+KP is most reliable.

Sound:
    Well, if they are great at struggling dash up and P. Since this is in struggle it will count as CH and leave Aoi at hs+8. From here only attack beats throw (can't crouch in time) and at i16, 43P+K will beat any attack.

Creed:
    I'm messing with Lei these days, I'm assuming in VF4 Lei's Hai Shiki P+K did 21+ and that it doesn't in VF4:e. Pretty much kills his anti-TR game since that won't do any struggle now. Any suggestions? All I've found is:
    On light:
    66(K), Dokuritsu Shiki G+K, 2P+KP
    On med:
    66(K), Dokuritsu Shiki K, Sokuritsu Shiki G+K
    On heavy:
    66(K), Dokuritsu Shiki G+K

Kind of a huge step backwards...

19. JRock

JRock Active Member

In the official Soul Caliber 2 forums they use the

setup always... strange since they have FRICKIN' 20+ CHARACTER SMILIES AND NO ARROWS or anything!

Silly tools, no arrows for them! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(edit... they DO have arrows now... but they still don't use them!)

20. WCMaxi

WCMaxi Well-Known Member

Awesome post man! Holy shit that had so much to do with anti-TR traps! Amazing.

Yes, we have arrows, we're just too lazt to use them and 336 is faster.