1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any action in chicago, or Im I the only 1 that plays here?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Aoimaster, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

I cant find any good players in chicago, whats up with that. Need some good masters to test my skill...Any1? /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Well, if you want the challenge, friendly get together or whatever, let me know. There are a total of 7 or 8 people who play VF competitively more or less.

Either PM me or drop me a line at: <shota@virtuafighter.com>

3. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

HAN plays vf as does kageh, and myself...prolly some of the 7 the above person was mentioning.

i know that the harlem irving plaza has a vf4 machine, so there might be some players there as well, but the few times i visited it, there were only mashers, still, who knows how many more vf players have emerged since it was released on ps2.

i know for sure that HAN and Kageh can be found at tekkenzaibatsu.com in the forums, north america match finder, under the chicago thread (currently titled) Illinois Metropolis Filament...by neoshinji.

Kageh goes to Dennis's place for games from time to time to play t4, and that's right by the corner of Belmont and Clark, it has no vf4 machine, though

where are you around?

4. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

As far as I can tell, there are only 4 people who play vf4 "competitively" in the entire chicago land area... and we meet maybe once a month if even that.

I told HAN I was interested in meeting up for some games on TZ, but the dude ignored me. Shitty.

The vf4 test machine that was at the HIP (Harlem Irving Plaza) is gone. It won't be missed. I remember sta783 read about all the test version glitches on the Japanese sites and exploited them when we played. Good times.

Anyone excited about soul calibur 2? Comes out soon and it looks like there will be a big Chicago scene.

5. Aoimaster

Hey, I was at HIP when they had it, its true they did remove it. Its nice to know that Im not the only one that plays here, I used to go to dennis but not if im not in the city, now I go to the cyber station at golf mill in niles,but no vf4,mostly t4 and those ddr games and beat mania. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Man, Chicago has My favorite american Tetsujin lol, as i like to refer to the most famous players in the US. Shota lives in chicago. He is the man. Shota i hear has actually played against Chibta. Your lucky to be able to play with him and the other really good players of Chicago

7. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Well,
    Sta / Kage H ,
    I try to get in competatively, sorry.
    Aoimaster, i'd like to check your stuff out, as i hear sta has a nice aoi now. YOu should let us know when you'd like to get together, i'm always game.

Anyway, I do miss playing (maybe i should get a machine).
    I'd like to get together with you guys ,
    Just out of curiousity , would you guys just like to take off somewhere some weekend (i.e. st. Louis or somehting) and play some people???
    anyway, i know i've beeen quite busy now being a boss and all, plus the tri training is time consuming but i'd like to get together..

please-stino

8. Aoimaster

Hey, is any1 else out there that plays? Please respond? /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

9. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hey,
    just email us, we'll be more than happy to plan something with you,,
    you have all of our info so far..

10. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Hi all - I'm in the Chicagoland area right now and looking for some VF4 compo. Just PM me and I'll see if we can get together.

11. KageMan2002

KageMan2002 Well-Known Member

I'm from chicago! you use Aoi? Aw man! she's the toughest B***h ever!

12. Aoimaster

Right now she is my best character, then comes jacky's cheap ass and then the weird martial arts of Mr. Kage!!!! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif