1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any anti Sarah strat

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Ben_Lord_Dur, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Hi everyone around here,

I was wondering how to play smartly against this character.
    She's very special and you don't want to mess around with a good player especially when you don't know how to react while she's in flamingo for exemple.

Also I found difficult difficult to zone this character.

So let's say I really need your help, and in an other hand I really need to work on training to have a basis on her.

Thanks for your replies.

2. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    It seems that i'll have to answer my question by myself. T.T

3. BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory Well-Known Member

Relax my friend, you just posted this yesterday. Patience is a virtue if one wants to get anywhere! Here is a video Johochef put up online about punishing Sarah's moves that might be helpful. If you don't know what moves you as Pai can punish with, go into the dojo and see what the frames are and match them up with the video.

4. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Pai easily can punish with guaranteed combo with K launcher which is 14 frame execution. So you can punish for example sarah's 2P+KK on blocks with K Launcher due leaves her -15 frames or her 6PK on blocks that leaves her with -18 (so punish with 3k+G). I cant remember now other sarah moves but dojo give the answers against her minus situations!! Also you have to know the ways to avoid her flamingo stance on front! You have to worry when she enters to flamingo cause always its on advantage. Patience,focus and match up information are the keys.

5. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    The question is also what do you need to do or not to do during neutral. Zoning. Etc...
    Mostly how do you "play the match up". Don't know if this is something that really applies to VF...

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Match up information is just as important in VF as any other game. For example, if you know the Sarah match up, you know the best way to evade against her when she is in Flamingo is to her FRONT.

Learning things like that and what moves leave her at advantage is the a big part of learning how to play against her.

Mazzic78 and Chanchai like this.
  7. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    This a good intel. Thank you.

8. Tekkendero

Tekkendero Member

Well i was trying to find out but the good Sarah Bryant players they try to play in various patterns ill just try to gain distance to use pai d+k,k this move break all is highs so that's good cause you are making to play a different pattern i can throw mids on distance all the Sarah Bryant high kicks most of them counter pai mids attacks that's the reason is good to find a space and when he start to attack use d+,k,k

9. NightAntilli

NightAntilli Well-Known Member

My general rule is, if you don't know what to do, get ready to use [3][P][+][K] xD

beanboy likes this.
  10. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Sarah specific strats:
    -using k launcher for punishing (very fast)
    -evading from her front during flamingo stance
    -Sarah got a full circular sweep wait for it when you begin to evade most of her attacks because it's very unsafe. Then it's combo time. (don't now all the full circular options for the moment)
    -watch out for Sarah's options to punish 2P some of them are really painful.

-using 3 [P][+][K] (general tactics for pai) lol
    -using [2_][K][K] ... :eek: the second move is so unsafe. But it covers to options standing + evading

11. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

In FL I would say her 4 best options are:
    -1: 3K --> combo
    -2: P2K... just frame -->combo
    -3: Her full circular -->combo
    -4: 2K hit throw

Depending on the move she used to go into stance and if it was blocked or not, 3K and 2K won't be uninterruptable by 2P (let's call it situation A).

The two other options can always be interrupetd by 2P since they are high attacks. If you're not in the above situation, 2P can also beat option 1. So 2P has become a better option than before due to the fact that FLK is no longer a special high.It will force Sarah to use her low sabaki.

I think you can fuzzy 3K, P2K to block both options with training.Block high then low with good timing.

Escape will beat option 1 and 2 even in scenario A and you can punish with 15 frames moves.Concerning the escape direction I think it doesn'tt really matter now that her FL k is no longer semi circular. Maybe going to her back is the way to go now to escape FL 3P, that's debatable.

Option 3 is a 2hits full circular attack with combo on hit and safe on block...BUt it is a high, high string so you can duck second hit and punish with something big. If you don't well it's a win win for Sarah.

To sum it up:
    1-Recognize in which scenario you are depending on what moves she used to enter flamingo and if it was blocked or not etc. Looking at the frame data then seeing the move in dojo.
    2-Use Fuzzy/2P/Evade/Block and duck under the full circulars depending on what you expect to come.

It's the basics, cause she has more than three options but iirc these 4 are the most rewarding/often used for her imo, so she will try to use them until you show you can punish well if you guess right. Basically if you can recognize and block P2K in time you won't eat big damage if you block high (2K hit throw is around 40ish) since she no longer have that FL throw.

@Ben: En français t'as des tips ici : http://virtuafighter.forumactif.com/t248-guide-de-survie-en-milieu-hostile

MarlyJay likes this.
  12. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    You're the man!

13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Stay close range to Sarah, but not too close eg. throw range.