1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Decent VF Players In Central VA???

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Galatea, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Galatea

Galatea New Member

There is a VF4 machine in the River Ridge Mall in Lynchburg VA, I was wondering if there were any decent VF4 players hiding in the shadows because I never see any one play it.... ever. The only thing I've played against is the A.I. and that gets old fast -_-;;

-"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain

2. fireballtrap

fireballtrap Active Member

Hey, i live in Roanoke and play on that machine sometimes! I'm not very good, I play more Capcom fighters, but i'm really wanting to learn VF4. A place in Roanoke called Captain Gamestation might be having a tournament for VF4 in two weeks. If we can get 8 people, we can play for prize money. Hit me up on AIM at Fireballtrap if you want to talk more.

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Hey you guys are kind of close to Fl. If you are ever thinking of taking a trip there. Let me know. We'll find you a place to stay. We have a good following here for VF4, and welcome outsiders =). Plus if you want to get into all the disney parks for free I can make it happen =). Later guys.

4. Galatea

Galatea New Member

Where is the captain gamestation exactly (Directions)? Also, what date might this tournament be on?
    (I dont have AIM)

5. Gndalf007

Gndalf007 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm another Roanokan, and I've been to River Ridge a couple of times... there's never anyone there. My brother and I usually just smack down everyone who dares occupy the VF4 or the CvS2. As for Captain Gamestation, I'll get back to you.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

How far are you from D.C? Over the summer, going to organize a few competitions at my house.

7. Voodoo

Voodoo New Member

I live near DC - but I'll be damned if I've ever seen any vf4 machine anywhere in the nova/dc/md area. =)

You ever been to Gametime in Springfield? That's the "dominate" arcade in this area as far as Capcom games go. No VF though. :\

8. fireballtrap

Whoa!!! Free Disneyland! Too Good!!! As for directions to Captain Gamestation, you can ask the owner directly on IM, CaptGamestation. He's hella cool, he'll tell you anything you need to know. I think the tourney is on the 14th. If we can get 8 people, at 10 bucks a head, we can play for cash! Come on down, and bring your crew, if you have one. Yeah, and bring anyone you know the plays CvS2.

9. fireballtrap

Whoops!!! i just noticed you said you didn't have AIM!! Apologies. Um, i can try and get you the directions, tho i know Gndalf007 knows this stuff off the top of his head....

10. Gndalf007

I just posted about the tournament. Check it out!

11. Gndalf007

And I also like the idea of free Disney.

12. Gndalf007

So, Galatea, are you and your crew looking at showing up next Sunday???

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hey, hit me up on aim...during the summer we can get together and play.. I am right outside of D.C

14. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Another northern VA player here... wanting human competition desperately, since his toughest opponent is a Lion d+KK scrub /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

15. Gndalf007

You two, come on down to Roanoke on Sunday and play in our tournament! There's a thread up about the tourney, called VF4 TOURNAMENT, 4/14! CASH PRIZES!!!

Some guys from Florida are looking at coming all the way up, so let's see some competition from NoVA and DC! And you Galatea, bring your crew! You're right next door!