1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any good anime martial art / fighting based shows?

Discussion in 'General' started by ExzetyXat1, Sep 8, 2012.

1. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to find good fighting/ martial art anime shows. Any good titles? I been watching and loving this show BAKI THE GRAPPLER!! imagesCA7R2G3F.jpg

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Hajime no Ippo is my favorite one, it's purely about boxing but a great anime.

3. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

It's funny that the Ippo boards have a VF thread as well. Ippo fans tend to like VF.

Has anyone ever confirmed the rumor about Morikawa being a big VF fan?

4. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah there is some for sure, Grappler Baki, Fist of the North Star, Kurokami to an extent, it was all about fighting and I think it's severely underrated. You should give Kurokami episode one a watch. tenjou tenge is ok, it's highschool oriented one, so be warned...

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I liked Baki, but once it got to over the top with people just standing around and "blocking" with their faces and whatnot, I lost interest. The first 1/3 of the anime is fun though...Baki even does a triangle choke. No-Ippo is also dope...and gets away from realism a bit better.