1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any good Setup for your Ps2 controller?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Kage_usie, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Kage_usie

Kage_usie Member

Does anyone have a good setup for Kage on your Ps2 controller. If so please tell me it.

2. ono

ono Well-Known Member

I recomend using what is comfortable.....It would be stupid to let someone tell you how to hold the controller, or to use there button configuration. Just try all of them, and use the one that fits your fighting style the best. But overall, i recomend getting a stick.

-ono-

3. Kage_usie

Kage_usie Member

what is a stick

4. ono

ono Well-Known Member

a joystick......

5. Guest

Guest Guest

This thread has been moved from the Character and Technique Training board into this, the Console Board. In the future, please put any posts dealing with playstation 2 (console) controllers in this board.

As for your question, i prefer to have square and triangle both as guard buttons. And X is punch, and O is kick. This allows me to perform K+G moves easily without repositioning my hands, or resorting to using one of the shoulder buttons.

6. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Personally, I think sticking to the defaults is best, simply because when you are playing on the PS2 elsewhere, you may not have your memory card with you. And playing without saved characters makes a VF4 gaming session goes a LOT faster. Face it, PS2 loading/saving times suck. Among my friends, we only use our saved characters when we want to show off some new item or something. Unfortunately, the defaults aren't very good for some of Vanessa's hold G moves. But I've seen people overcome this problem by placing the controller on the floor/knee, and using the top three buttons only, sort of like an arcade set-up.

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

If you like using only your thumb to press the buttons than use setup C, if you prefer pressing buttons with your fingers use setup A default.

8. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

punch kick on top

guard p+k+g on bottom

all shoulder buttons turned off

9. Kousotsu

Kousotsu Well-Known Member

Well I Know its crazy /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif but I like to use all the buttans when I play with kage and Vanessa.

L1= P+G /For Throws

L2= P+K+G /For Changing Stances and Recovery

R1= G /For Blocking and K+G moves

R2= P+K /For reversals and other moves

Triangle & Square= Punch /So use to SF

Circle & X= Kick /For K+G /To use to SF

Well I Know it may sound crazy but I use to play a lot of SF. And I played alot of Tobal#1 which reminds me of VF becuse the fighting system is so alike. For a matter of fact that is the tobal controler system I just gave you. But Hey I agree with -ONO-. I say you stick with whats comfortable to you. Instead of asking others. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

Peace is nothing but a time to prepare for War, and Life is but a long process of Death. So that is why you must learn what Death is. Quoted From the Book Of Revolation.

10. kungfusmurf

You're sick /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

11. Kousotsu

Kousotsu Well-Known Member

Why you call me sick /versus/images/icons/blush.gif
    Because of my wierd controler system /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Peace is nothing but a time to prepare for War, and Life is but a long process of Death. So that is why you must learn what Death is. Quoted From The Book Of Revolution.

12. kungfusmurf

Yeah you weirdo just messing with you. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

13. The_Stapler

The_Stapler New Member

I just use the defualt setup. And I do use the shoulder buttons, it makes it a bit easier for a VF4 noob like me /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. cka

cka Active Member

The only modification I have is on my Akira player file, where Triangle is another guard so I can do his freaking knee move.