any moves not in PS2 training?

Discussion in 'Console' started by fagan, Apr 7, 2002.

1. fagan

fagan Well-Known Member

are there any moves in VF4 that are not listed in the training mode move list? (just wondering if i need to check out online move lists or if the in game list was complete)

2. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

They don't mention the difference between open and close stance reversals for sure. For the life of me couldn't figure out how Vanessa did her P+G hand hold SE move until I realized the whole inashi/parry/whatever is stance dependant.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's mostly complete, the game omits some stuff you could guess on your own, for example the fact that lau's back-turned d+P continues into any of his PPx moves, like PPPK, PPPd+K, PPK, PPPb+K, PPP-K+G... etc etc
    Everything except stuff that's pretty much just a repeat of what you've done before is in there.

4. Typhoon

Typhoon Well-Known Member

The in-game movelist is for the most part complete, but is missing a few technical details and yes... it is missing a slim number of moves. Lau is missing his b+pk for example.
    It's always best to have a printable copy of movelists from more in-depth and insightful sites (like VFDC) to fill the gaps. Besides, when you really need to recheck a movelist while in Kumite do you want to quit, go to training and then back to Kumite? Heck no. And with a printed copy you have all the nice juicy frame info at your fingertips.

5. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

One other missing move is Lion's PPb+P. Also, Kage's roll into a catapult kick is missing. I haven't checked all the moves for all the characters yet, so there may be others as well.

6. Terrapin1

Terrapin1 New Member

Lei-Fei has a knee attack *grab/throw* which looks like something Sarah would have, but that I've done accidentally at least 3 times.

It's definately not in the manual, or the tutorial. Is it something that can only be executed after a parry, etc?