1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

any players in London?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Are there any good places to go to met some decent players of VF in london? i am fairly new to the game and need to get some practice in with people who are good, if anybody knows a good place to go could you tell me?
    thanks

2. hamand

hamand Member

Hi there. Unfortunately, good vf3 comp in london has all but vanished. The closure of namco wonderpark in great windmill st, and the dreamcast release are the main reasons, I guess.
    There are some awesome players here, but getting them down an arcade has proven tricky. We managed to organise a small meet recently, and were privileged to have the uk #1 and #2 attend and dazzle us, but there were loads of other faces not present...and who knows where they've vanished to?
    The only place I can think of is Namco in County Hall, between Westminster and Waterloo. Hang around there, by all means, but don't think anyone else will come(!)
    I think your best bet is to find a friend and force them to play it with you, read a few faqs, and then go to Japan or something :(
    Whereabouts are you? I *may* be able to convince a few people to come challenge.

ham.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks i will try county hall Namco, i've heard from a friend (if anybodys interested) that some people go to the Namco at county hall on Saturdays, so i might try then, i would just like to have another half decent player to play against.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

yeh, i have the same problem of no competition. i live in the nw of england, but i go to london now and again, so who knows, maybe i'll play against you some time. what's happened to the arcades on trocadero? i.e. segaworld/segapark
    email me if you're ever near manchester and want some vf competition.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

the arcades in london have gone to shit, the lack of competion is starting to piss me off slightly, i work with someone who is a fellow vfer but i have not had a chance to sit down and play him, if you ever near london mail me and maybe we could have a couple of rounds.

6. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

We managed to organise a small meet recently, and were privileged to have the uk #1 and #2 attend and dazzle us

<hr></blockquote>

Would this be Ryan and Hatim? Any way of getting hold of either of them?

I was thinking of spending a week or so in London in okt/nov. Would be fun to meet up with some VF'ers - esp. Ryan and Hatim.

- Jan

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

I am traveling to London at the end of this week and would also like to meet up with some players.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and I'm a decent player. I learned VF with fellow Vancouverite Mike Skupa (mutant) who played with the London crew and said they were the best he ever played. I'd really like to check out the amazing skills of Kick-Cancel Roy, Prince Hatim, and of course Ryan Hart.

Unfortunately I'm only in London for a few days, and my g/f has got us going to the "shows" (yawn), leaving me only one night: Sunday, Oct. 1st.

Sooo.. if anyone wants to hook up on Sunday, I'm lookin for some players. And even if you can't make it, post and let me know where a good arcade with VF3tb can be found.

thanks,

tellure

8. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

Heya tellure :eek:)

On a whim, I decided to try and give Prince Hatim a call... found his mobile number in an ancient email account I have - and he answered it!

He said he'd be glad to meet up with you on sunday Oct. 1st.

He mentioned almost noone plays it anymore, as the arcades have all died, but that the players are still good. There's one arcade left that does have it tho, and some ppl have the DC version.

Anyways, I'll send you his mobile phone # so you can get in touch with him. He might make it on here to leave his current email addie for you too, he said.

Have fun and good luck :eek:)

- Jan

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow! It's been ages since I left a message on here. Well my e-mail is hatim@nippon.screaming.net and my phone number is (+44) 956 922 584.

Whoever wants to come down, just give me a call. Don't expect there to be hoards of players. I'll contact as many people as I can, if 2 or 3 people turn up.....well it's better than a poke in the eye with a wet sausage!

Those who want to come, CALL ME!

Later.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

What time are you guy gonna hook up? I would like to come and see some good VF play even though i am gonna get my ass kicked clean off of every stage.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I emailed Hatim about a location but haven't heard back yet. I'm leaving tomorrow so I'm just going to give his mobile phone a call when I get there and see where this'll take place. Time will most likely be evening I guess.

edaly

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The number is 0956 922 584, if you wanna hook up Sunday 2nd October evening then call me. Call me before 6pm or after 8pm. Session should start at about 9:30 pm

Hatim.