1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any SG Vfers willin' in puttin' $$$ on VF4 (PS)

Discussion in 'General' started by LAU Abuser, Jan 28, 2002.

1. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

UK guy was sooooo... lucky to get his hands on VF4... Ya, anyone really, like me, desperate to put dollars n cents into the VF4?
    I guess arcade centres gonna sell their VF4 machines soon... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Btw, anyone got good prices for PS consoles, VF4 bargains(jap version) and 2 original joysticks<font color=red>(can't imagine playin' wif joypads!!!)</font color=red>
    It would be saddening to play version B when version C is on PS yeah?
    Any news by the shop 'uncles' on when VF4 hitting Sg?

Regards to all sg Vfers

2. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i'm in the same state as u r..and i am dead serious about getting that PS2 simply for VF4. did some research..this is what i found out..probably will now share with everyone...hopefully if theres a mistake..some one will point it out before i pump my assets into the machine.

3 versions of PS2 in Singapore now, namely, Asia, Japanese and US.
    asked a lot of shop "uncles", they claim Asia version cannot be modified to play "pirated games and DVDs"
    so in the long run, u probably want a PS2 that allows u to play DVD-r(a nicer term for pirated DVD) as originals are freaking expensive.
    average price is about S$650 for a US or Jap version(they normally modify the machine with this price, but u need to buy the pads and power adaptor outside the package) so it will all add up to almost $700 plus.

Main problem is in deciding whether to get the Jap or US version. It seems like US version can play all the Asia version DVDs...but Jap version only plays J-series games.
    however, games on US console arrive much later than Jap's version. Been weighing the pros and cons for a week now..still can't make up my mind.
    anyone has opinion on this topic?

3. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me when VF4 comes to the PS2 for Europe??
    Thanks...

4. sansan

sansan Active Member

I just asked the shop owner. They say the Asain version is exactly the same as the Japanese... I say "hell no!" the asian one cost $ 15 less. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

We've heard of WAT! red, black book /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    4 Ver C, is there any 'purple' book?

Have anyone in this pathetic island got the VF4 (PS) yet?
    I'm thinkin of get my lazy ass down Sim Lim. Anyone wif price lists there?