1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Southern Cali Vf players?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Kiuju, Apr 27, 2000.

1. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Just wondering if any of you are out there. I mean i'm basically at every arcade that has a virtua fighter of any kind. I have only met a few of the good southern cali vf heads and meet witht them on occassion but, even i get tired of playing the same old people over and over again for the past 2 1/2 years. So.. any takers?

Kiuju-ttttttttthheeeeeeee arrogant vf fan.-

2. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Ok ok ok. 11 people supposedly saw this but, didn't say a word. Hm.... Either you don't live in cali or you just ignored it and thought it was a waste of your time. I really hate replying to my own post so early.

If any are out there besides the people I already know let me know we can get a match going.

Kiuju-ttttttthhhheeee arrogant vf fan.-

I guess evil sam was right.

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I live in LA and some of us are talking about getting together around E3 (chech out the thread), care to join?

spotlite

4. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    If I can find a way into E3 you bet. Using BC as a way in didn't work out.

Kiuju

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    If you can't come to E3, I'm still always around, so whenever you want to try to get together, let me know.

spotlite

6. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

it seems that you have missed the heyday of vf in socal (or cali in general) several years ago, when a core group of people used to play. notably, kris (of miscellany fame), chris (aoki), myself, hide, amir, gerald (la akira), and more.

not many of those mentioned play anymore, or very infrequently if they do. however, as stated in the e3 thread, many (sorta) current vf players will be at e3 from around the country and abroad, and we will have an informal gathering for some vf sparring. however, i doubt this will actually be at the expo since it is an old game (by release standards). what will probably happen is we will get together at someone's place after expo hours and set up a dc or two with some sticks and play, like we did last year at kris' pad. i don't know how this will be setup yet as details are to be worked out. maybe we will try and contact kris again, or maybe we can have a setup in one of the hotel rooms by the expo where one of us is staying at.

i don't personally know you, kiuju, (at least i don't think i do), so i'll say this for myself, and not the other players that will be gathering: you are welcome to join us if you have a good attitude. a word of warning, kiuju, if you're a good player, you can rightfully be an "arrogant vf fan", otherwise, you'd better come ready to be humbled.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

7. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    I like you guys already. I'm a nice guy just haven't been beaten in a while. I've played against great players in my area and won so I figure...

I'll see what I can do about e3 i'm still trying to find a loophole or something.

If you want to contact me via email: Kiuju2k@yahoo.com

Kiuju

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I am all over Southern Cali playing vf3. I have not seen anybody but Kiuju.
    Anybody else out there