1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips on getting 6P to land after P?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Alex94, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Alex94

Alex94 New Member

I was practicing beating out low punches with 6P after a blocked P. I keep on delaying the next P in the string instead of getting the elbow attack to execute. I tried adjusting the timing, but it seems kinda strict for characters like Aoi and Pai. Anyone have any tips? I've also tried using G directly after P to cancel buffering inputs, it works perfectly. But it seems kinda of difficult to do consistently in a match. If it's something I have to get used to then I don't mind xD. But any help would be appreciated :D

CheekyChi likes this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    The only way to do it is to clear inputs with G. You MUST do P,G,6P.

Cozby and ToyDingo like this.
  3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

That's how everyone does it. It's not difficult really. Just have to realize that if you want a single jab you do it with P~G, not just P.
    EDIT: not to mention any other time you want to stop a string follow-up from coming up, just press G in there. You'll get used to it.

4. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    Thanks for asking the question. I was wondering why sometimes 2P would beat my 6P after a blocked jab!

Now to get used to it... :rolleyes:

Alex94 likes this.
  5. Alex94

Alex94 New Member

Well now I know what to work on xD Thanks a lot for the responses :D