1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any VF players in Amsterdam, Netherlands?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by SG-Lion, Sep 9, 2006.

1. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Any players?

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    The only dutch player I know is Exypher but I don't know if he even posts at VFDC anymore. Send him a PM i guess?

3. SG-Lion

Thanks... I will give a try /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

I didn't get very far myself. In all I've see four Dutchies out here (including you, me and Exypher).

I live near Apeldoorn. With a bit of luck I'll have to visit Amsterdam a number of times a week in the coming months for work.

As for my experience:
    Lack of arcades makes that I've only played VF on consoles.
    I haven't had any serious competition since VF1 though, so my game is quite shoddy to say the least. Only one guy whom also once picked up VF4E, but he recently moved to Utrecht and I've no idea if he continued figuring the game out.

5. SG-Lion

Thanks for the feedback... I'm currently in Rijswijk... I doubt there is any VF machine here.. but heading to Rotterdam... not sure there is any arcade scene there /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Come back to SG soon. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. SG-Lion

haa haa haa ...back liao...no VF there

8. MSG

MSG Member

I am in amsterdam...

9. Pai_X

Pai_X Member

I work in Amsterdam, dont live there though

10. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    hey, i moved to amsterdam(near amstel station) just recently, if anyone here is still playing, send me a pm or a reply or something. never spoken to anyone next to vortigar here, so i don't know how active you are but i'm up for any type of games atm.

11. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    Resurrecting an old thread....

I'm travelling down to the Holland on the 20-25 Oct... I might attend that Red Light District tournament.. Any vfer's want to meet up or something?

12. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Hell yes! Offline VF! NGKrush was talking about setting up some VF meets at his place again, so maybe we can do something at his place when you're here. Depends on how busy he is, though.

I think the tournament thing has nearly no setups for casual play, so I won't be attending. I can't really be bothered with other fighting games than VF anymore [​IMG]

13. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    That's cool. Do you know of any good hotels around that area? I plan to stay in Almere for a little while. But on the weekend I'll be in Amsterdam

14. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Not really. Do you want to stay in the city center? MarlyJay and MP stayed in a hotel near Twan's place back in 2009. Mister stayed in a hostel in the citycenter. There's plenty of hotels in the center too, but I don't know how much you're willing to spend.

15. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

i spent like 25 euros per day in the hostel i was. But i heard there are some cheaper. Just keep looking and you will find the cheapest hostel.

16. Daikath

Daikath Member

This is maybe slightly offtopic, but I found out why there are no real arcades in the netherlands. According to our gambling law(article 30b), a machine where agility/skill can extend play or earn more turns to play is a gambling machine.

That is total bogus of course and a law made by old people who had no clue that it is skill and not luck at all (and passed with a parliament with no gamers in it).

When I was little we still had arcades but I wasn't allowed in by my parents and when I was old enough they were gone, not fair! [​IMG]

Of course the law was passed when everyone got their own PC or console to play games on and no one felt strongly enough to protest it. But stuff like meeting other fighting game players is a lot harder when you are limited to regular gaming friends.

17. TheMrRed

TheMrRed Member

Yo I am new to VF kind of...
    NGKrush allready knows me(irl) and I added Krye on xbl.
    But I played VF5 as the first FG on ps3...wel friends gave up on the game and there was no online mode.
    So I never played the game again.
    When my ps3 broke like 2 times... I bought a 360 to play ssf4 ae.
    I just got myself VF5 for the 360 to warm up for FS(cant't wait for it to release)so if some players from holland or europe want to play add me or send me a message.

(ssf4 ae is still my main game but ill do my best to level up in VF5SF)

18. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    red, let me know if you want to play irl.
    i don't have xblive anymore, but i'm up for some offline sessions.
    sofiane was interested too.
    ngkrush[at]zeelandnet[punt]nl or pm me here or on drakenslag

19. Sofiane

Sofiane Well-Known Member

PSN:
    sofiane-senshu
    XBL:
    Sofiane-senshu
    Yo mr Red hit me up for some online games if you want, I'm looking to get back to shape for fs as well.

20. TheMrRed

TheMrRed Member

Yo ok I am still in a learning phase though.(Aka noob)