1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any VF'ers in New Jersey?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by sidneypoitier, Apr 10, 2002.

1. sidneypoitier

sidneypoitier Member

There seems to be only 2 VF4 machines in the state, am I missing any, and is anyone into it around here besides me?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I know Nan (nxw) is from NJ (or so I assume). And there are quite a few players in New York if you're ever willing to make the trip.

-Chanchai

3. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I am! I am! I am in New Jersey!!!!!

Wooow this is the first time I hear someone other than me from NJ on this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes today must be my lucky day, gotta buy the lottery /versus/images/icons/smile.gif .

Honestly I don't even know there are VF4 machines in NJ. Where are the two that you mentioned? I usually go to NYC to play (in China Town), and I have been to some other friend's place in NYC to play the PS2 version as well.

Now, the important thing: Where in NJ are you? I live in Eatontown (Garden State Parkway exit 105).

Any VF'ers are welcome to come over to my place and challenge!

4. sidneypoitier

sidneypoitier Member

I live in Westfield, NJ. 135 off the Garden State Pkway. There is one VF4 machine at the Rutgers students center. The only other one I know of is up in Paramus at Sportsworld. (Mon-Thurs. buy $5 worth of tokens get $5 worth of tokens free). Its a bit of a drive for me, and no one there plays it!! It pisses me off. PM me, I'm always up for meeting people and playing some vf4

5. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

Last I heard they got rid of that machine at the Rutger's student center. I know cause I went over winter break and it wasn't there. And I've talked with my friends who go there and I don't think they got it back.

I'm from south jersey (10 minutes from ocean city). The closest VF4 is the one at University Pinball in Pennsylvania. I'm hoping one of the arcades on the ocean city boardwalk will get a machine for the summer, but who knows...