1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Victoria, BC (Canada) VFers around?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by deathsushi, Aug 15, 2008.

1. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Hey All,

I'm looking for people in Victoria BC to get together with and play some offline VF5. I'm keen to keep improving, but you can only go so far in the world of online play (don't get me wrong, I think online play is a HUGE boon for those of us that are relatively isolated from the rest of the game-o-sphere)..

Anyone interested, let me know. I can provide a location if we get a few people together to do it.

2. MashPotatoTower

MashPotatoTower New Member

Im looking for the vancouver forums but this will have to do.

3. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    im in vanc, feel free to add
    clutch7_goh/maria ozawa604

deathsushi good to see u back, havent seen u in yrs. u were one of the first ppl ive played n got me started with vf back in the day. i barely play, but i still play if i have time.

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So yeah this is in Vancouver, not Victoria, but I figure I'd post it here regardless.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/180220842109283/

VF isn't on the official list put if 10 people show up they will run VF at the tourney.

5. MashPotatoTower

MashPotatoTower New Member

So you guys play at the magic stronghold? Im one of the 2 guys playing MK there each week.

hey man that first post is 4 years old, but ill hit you guys up online

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see more BC players for the new generation! BC was a good force of Virtua Fighter way back in the day, so I'm hoping to see it rise again ^_^

As Femto mentioned, next weekend is the Vancouver Overture Tournament! This event is monthly, but make each one count!

I am encouraging all BC area players to go, I know some Seattle players are going. Anyone can setup a side tourney there for Final Showdown as long as someone brings a setup. And if 8 or more people play in the side tourney, Final Showdown will be an official tournament at the next Overture!

More info here!

Also, more details will come soon but Final Showdown will be an official tournament on September 22nd-23rd at "End of Summer" 2012. This is a major-level tournament in Seattle, WA and it's going to be a good one. The tournament will be able to handle over 200 VF players and we're starting to spread the word now!

Anyways, I'm glad more BC area players are speaking out. I've known Mackfactor and Kamais Ookin as regular online players.

I used to hang out with the Vancouver crowd way back in VF3 and VF4 days and even got to meet some of the guys who were making waves from back in VF2. BC was always one of the most fun areas to play and has often brought a lot of great players, so this is why I'm excited about it. I hope you guys rally up, train, and become a force!

I also consider the BC scene as part of the Pacific Northwest scene. Definitely keep posting here, feel free to post in the Northwest VF thread as I will always include BC events and news there if I know of it, and check out the Northwest VF Group on Facebook!

The group is very active, productive, and is really about connecting more of the Pacific Northwest Virtua Fighter players together!