1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Any1 figure out VF4's damage scaling system?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ReCharredSigh, Feb 10, 2002.

1. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

I ask this cause the damage scaling system in VF4 seems kinda weird, and since no one has put up such a topic so far, lemme put it down. I'll give some examples;

MC with Akira's SDE. then tag on a DLC or an AS3. even though the AS3 does about 50% the damage of the DLC, according to the combo FAQ online, both combos will do close to 80 pts of damage.

do the StDblPm with Akira, then tag on the DBC. everyone knows this combo will do at maximum about 110 points of damage. but that weird; i mean in rev B the DBC will do 80 points at max on a normal hit, and the StDblPm will do about 20 or 30 points of damage on a normal hit, so what gives?

i admit though it might have something to do with hitting various areas on the opponent's body as well as the atypical MC or mC bonus damage, but post what you know, ppl! i'm curious!

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A search for PS2 damage brought up:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=24149&Search=true&Forum=versus&Words=PS2%20damage&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=24137>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=24149&Search=true&Forum=versus&Words=PS2%20damage&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=24137</a>
    ... it's been talked about.