1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone down for a Could 9 VF4 Tournament at OD:5

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Enkindu, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

The rules were posted on SRK, so I just transfered them here:

"Cloud 9:
    This is a side battle that can happen on any game
    where up to 9 participants can go head to head in a big money
    30 dollar membership. "

I've been wanting to put up or shut up for awhile now, and this seems to be the best way for you all to bring it with a high risk high reward factor. Who's in? I'm challanging everyone. It will take place March 23rd. You can choose the time.

2. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Not to interested myself. Never been much on the tournament thing, at least high dollar.

Besides, I have enough trouble beating you guys every now and then. Thanks anyway!!

I am sure you will do fine, though!!

3. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

whats srk....../versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. Enkindu

shoryuken.com sir.

Actually I don't think 30 dollars is high enough to bring out the best comp! Grudge match anyone? That's $100.00. Or I could run it the day of and just make it free! Doesn't matter to me. Akira2k1 would you participate if it were a free tournament??? Just pay for your own games? Anyone else?

I'm also going to hold a free round robin tournament this Sunday starting at 6:00pm when our guest from Cali is here.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Proposed round-robin tourney: March 17 @ 6pm EST

I'm also going to hold a free round robin tournament this Sunday starting at 6:00pm when our guest from Cali is here.

How about this for a league format:
    - League style (everybody plays everybody else)
    - Each matchup consists of three games (to reduce the likelihood of a "lucky" outcome); loser can select same or different character in match #2 and #3
    - Each matchup will be played in full (i.e. even if you're up 2-0, play match #3 to determine 3-0 or 2-1)
    - Ranking is determined by
    (A) total matchups won, then
    (B) if # matchups won are equal, total MATCHES won, then
    (C) if matches won are equal, head-to-head performance

Other logistics
    - Matches are 45seconds, 200pts, 3/5 round settings
    - Flip a coin to determine side pick (1P/2P)
    - If stage select is on, all players must select a 12x12 breakable low wall stage (i.e. Akira's Dojo, Lei Fei's Temple, or Sarah's Coloseum only)

P.S. I have several different tournament reporting sheets which I'll bring with me to Orlando for league play, double elimination, single elimination (3-game and 5-game series), etc.

6. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

Re: Proposed round-robin tourney: March 17 @ 6pm EST

That sounds good to me, especially the free part. Lets play for bragging rights instead of money.

7. Enkindu

Sounds good to me. Do these take awhile? If so, maybe it should start sooner.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

For 5 people, it took slightly over an hour. Depends whether everyone shows up on time. Maybe 5pm is better, though.

Actually, we should get people to confirm right here, on this forum, then we can start punctually...

9. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I'll be there around 3:30-4.

10. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

question is, will rockies allow it or does it need to be hidden.....?

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Okay, from replies to this post plus some ICQ messages, the tentative list of participants is as follows:

- Blonde_one
    - Enkindu
    - FeixaQ
    - Gaishou
    - GhostDog
    - Iron Monkey Fist
    - Stoopid
    - The Dude

(Please let me know if the above info is erroneous.)

12. Enkindu

Rocky's doesn't mind as long as there's no money changing hands. The right machine has the matches set at 45sec, with stage select so we don't really need Rocky's for this.

13. Enkindu

Those people play. I hope Uncauzi particpates, and Akira2001 too. There's also StompOutLoud, and Dylan. And like 3 others that may play if they are there. If I see them up there between now and then I'll find out if they will participate.

14. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Enk, playing for money this early in the games debut is "SHITTY". Can't you see that? Your not good enough to put a $100 on the table for a match yet. I mean thats of course if you like losing your money? Get a grip, why can't you play for fun?

15. Enkindu

You mean you need more practice? What's money? It's only to make things more interesting.

16. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

I am there. count me in. I will be the one that is the sorriest but will pose difficulty to the others as well as strengthen you guys confidence and tourney minds. (if that made any sense lol)