1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone experiencing this too???

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Pinkgirl, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

I've been experiencing some problems with VFDC. The best way to understand what I'm talking about is to view the screenshots I took of my IE after several pages on this site had loaded.

Additionally, the site is most of the time now, after the revamp, very slow.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems as me???

View the screenshots of what happened on many occasions when I visited VFDC:

1) Background, stylesheets et al don't load even after a very long time, leaving a page looking like this

2) A whole load of warning messages and the page doesn't load properly

3) Some more warning messages but I got these when I typed in the main site address

4) On this occasion, the board loaded ok but as I mentioned in no. 1, the background and other style aspects didn't load.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Most of the problems you've reported are attributed to the site being really slow. If you haven't already done so, logout, close your browser, delete your cookie and then come back and log back in again. This should hopefully eliminate any post tracking/synchronisation issues you might have. This goes for everyone.

I'm not 100% convinced that the slowness experienced is due to the forum upgrade. It might just be a freak coincidence. The reason I say that is because I experience the slowness at times I'm accessing other sections of the site as well.

I've sent an email to our host to ask if they can shed any light on the problem.

The max connection errors are something I have no control over. Again, I've enquired with our host to see if the limit can be increased without too big a hit on performance.

I'll report back when I hear anything.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I get a screen similar to image one if my ftp is quite busy. Basically I can be in one of three states when the ftp is on:
    Not Busy: VFDC looks normal
    Busy: like... one more available socket is open. VFDC looks just like pinkgirls' first screenshot.
    Too Busy: page cannot be displayed.

You don't happen to be running nudethoughts directly off your PC pinkgirl?

4. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry Creed... didn't quite understand you when you said "You don't happen to be running nudethoughts directly off your PC"...

When I visit VFDC, it's always just the site alone, I'm not surfing any other site simultaneously. Nor am I accessing any FTP. So basically there should be no reason for my connection over here to act up... /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, I've received information from our host to say that they've tracked down some runaway processes that were hogging up valuable resources, which resulted in the horrible slowdown recently.

The site should be responding reasonably well now, at least I've noticed it over the past couple of days.