1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone fought any Japan Experts b4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by koro128, Oct 21, 2001.

1. koro128

koro128 Well-Known Member

Since the game originate in Japan, i would assume the best of the best resides there.
    Unfortunately i have never played a Japanese player before. I remembered the last VF3 competition in Singapore, the champ got a chance to go to Japan for the competition. It must have been a great honour.

Does anyone has experience to share regarding playing a Japanese opponent, either in Singapore or over in japan?

If only arcade machine are like cable , can link to multiple countries and challenge.. cool.

When the chill of winter comes to hell, only the fittest resist the Bell. - Navy SEAL

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Spotlite was in Japan over the summer and made a couple of nice reports on his experiences there. Review Spot's posts to find the thread.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Yupa on 10/22/01 00:32 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Yang

Yang Member

i have. vf3tb in shinjuku. it was a terrifying and "sweaty" experience. man, they attack like crazy and don't stop!

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I played a genuine Japanese player once. He was an asshole. He didn't like being RO'ed so he cheated and used the freeze bug on me. Go Japanese Jacky players, wooooo!

--
    "I know I say the word 'fuck' a lot, and I'd apologize, but; I don't give a shit." - Lewis Black

5. Crew Wolf

Crew Wolf Active Member

Just a note, Tekken was created in Japan, but I believe the best of the best Tekken players reside in Korea.

Ultimately, we're all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, BUT we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

6. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

You know the Champ? I played VF4 with him recently.

Anyway, I have played VF3 in Japan. Went to Shibuya on a weekday afternoon and there are like 5 vs cabinets with constant challenges. They are like average good players. Didn't see anyone exceptional. Most Japanese players are not really VERY VERY GOOD. I have win streaks around 5-10.I guess it is hard to meet up with the REALLY GOOD players on weekday afternoons....

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The place to be (VF3tb at least) in Japan is Kani-spo in Shinjuku on Friday and Saturday nights...needless to say, I got my ass kicked a lot.