1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got all characters to Champion rank?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by LM_Akira, Dec 19, 2003.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yes not a particularly important topic I know but I was just wondering if anyone had reached Champion rank in evo (home versions) with all the characters? I thought it would be cool to see if anyone has after recently seeing Izhas sig in which he listed all the ranks he's got characters too. For what its worth heres what I've done so far:

Akira: Champion (twice...on separate memory cards, long story)
    Goh: Champion
    Aoi: Hunter
    Lei: Warrior
    Pai: Hunter
    Kage: 9th Dan
    Lau: 9th Dan
    Jacky: 3rd Dan
    Vanessa: 3rd Dan
    Shun: 10th Kyu (not played as him)
    Lion: 1st Dan
    Brad: 3rd Dan
    Sarah: 8th Dan
    Wolf: 10 Kyu
    Jeffry: 10th Kyu

Anyone done any better?

2. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

I've got the following:

Kage: Champion
    Sarah: Champion
    Akira: Champion
    Working on Goh, Wolf, Lau and Jacky: 4th Dan for each.

/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Yes Im trying to get everyone on Champion ranking! Had Wolf and Lion(I tought he´d stay Hero forever) yesterday. Updated.
    Cristmast holiday is coming, I hope I´ll get rest of the characters in Champion by that time.

4. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I got Brad, Akira, Jacky and Goh at champion (do I win something?) - next character I'll pick up is probably Aoi, Lei Fei or Van (she seems so powerful to me but I'm clueless):
    I know it might sound useless / like a waste of time to do this but I really believe in it. I find it much easier to play against someone that you've played yourself (I picked up Jacky for just that reason, I was being manhandled by him) so I intend to go thru the characters aswell - probably those I find most confusing in order; know your enemy to defeat your enemy. One thing I also feel about vf is that you can play another character for a while and go back to your "main" you'll enjoy him even more / find him easier to play all of the sudden which is sweet like candy. I highly doubt that having a character at champion rank means your really good at playing him though. Getting say Akira to champion is easy (and you can put the comp on easy and even then the Ai sucks), mastering him takes a lifetime.

5. Raptor1017

Raptor1017 Well-Known Member

I got Pai, Kage, Aoi, Sarah, Lau, and Shun up to Champion, with another Pai and Lion at 5th Dan and 6th Dan respectively. Except for Pai, Kage and Aoi, I turned the game to beginner difficulty after about the 5th arcade. I'm never guna be as good with anyone as I am with Pai. So i figured I'd just do everyone else to get colors and items as fast as I could, since Pai is the only character I'm serious about.

6. LM_Akira

Most of these replies echo my own sentiments. I'd call myself and Akira/Goh player but I like to use Aoi, Lei and sometimes Sarah as secondary ones...however I'm playing as other characters in order to learnt how to fight against them succesfully. So far its going ok as I now know what throws are best escaped, what tricks players will use etc. Its going to be a big effort to get everyone to Champion rank but I'll hopefully have a better understanding of everyone by the end.

Update:

Kage: Warrior.... yeah rock on! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

I've got a champion Sarah (although I cheated and turned it to beginner in the last two arcades /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) ... working on Brad, Akira and Jeffry.. and the former two are going much better than the latter /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif The final arcade is insane on regular difficulty.. aiieah..

8. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Izha said:

Yes Im trying to get everyone on Champion ranking! Had Wolf and Lion(I tought he´d stay Hero forever) yesterday. Updated.
    Cristmast holiday is coming, I hope I´ll get rest of the characters in Champion by that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you are crazy! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif No champions yet:

Goh=Veteran Akira=Warrior
    Sarah=Veteran Jacky=Gladiator
    Pai=Gladiator Wolf=Veteran
    Jeffry=Hunter Kage=Slayer
    Lion=Veteran Brad=Veteran
    Vanessa=Hunter Shun=Hunter
    Aoi=Gladiator Lei=Veteran
    Lau=Protector

But I´m working on it!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    catharsis said:

I've got a champion Sarah (although I cheated and turned it to beginner in the last two arcades /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) ... working on Brad, Akira and Jeffry.. and the former two are going much better than the latter /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif The final arcade is insane on regular difficulty.. aiieah..

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it doesn´t count! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif Start again, all chars must be played to champion with a STAR in difficulty screen visible! I know because I have used easy with some chars when I started the game. But never after in last arcades! Never again! Support fair playing, everyone! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw, it tells nothing about your true skillz, if you have all chars at Champion level. It is still a bit too easy to whore with some characters (Lau=the nOOb character number ONE!!!), so it only serves as nice way to kill time and try things. And lets face it, Evo still has amazing AI in Quest and Arcade, it is just up the player entirely how to get on with it. Above all, experiment and play like you are in front of style judges, it makes you a better person!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

No champs here. Personally, I think winning wmac is enough. Enough being what others have said here - learning their moves well enough to play with/against them with semi-decent competence. I just don't have the time to bring all of them to champ.

wolf, aoi - won wmac, in tier 3
    sarah - tier 2
    goh, vanessa, akira - tier 1
    brad, lau, jacky, lion - never tried
    rest - dans

Note I've put some time into sarah, because I was so getting wasted by her. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

oh and all on std diff.

11. LM_Akira

Errr hang on what do you mean it does n't count?

Since when did you come up with the "rules" of what I WAS THINKING???

Obtaining Champion rank with all chars regardless of difficulty is still a measurable challenge IMHO.

Also what do you mean by true skills? I'm not saying getting everyone to champion rank will make you a vf god and is a true judgement of your skils. What it will do though is give you a far better understanding of what a lau or goh or sarah etc player will be thinking when they are fighting you. Play like you are in front of style judges? What? Why not just play the game for the enjoyments sake of it?

12. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

I have not had too much to play lately; and since I lost my file not too long ago, so these aren't really all that impressive...

Kage: Champion. thank god I still managed to get at least that in a couple of weeks.

Goh: Destroyer.. still workin' on this intensely.

Akira: 7th Dan. hahahha I'm an Akira n00b.

Wolf: 7th Dan. Friggin noob. Pai is giving me trouble when I use Wolf...

13. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

im rethinking my strategies with Goh since I seem to have hit a wall in the last two arcades =(. but here's my list:

Lei-Fei: High King (too easy in the original VF4)
    Akira: 1st Dan (evo) ~ Vanquisher i think (original)
    Kage: 8th Dan (evo)
    Goh (current main): Warrior (evo)

It's a little pathethic but I'm not giving up! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

well i have a

Kage:champion
    Goh:Champion
    ---------------------
    Brad:Hero
    Shun:Slayer
    Wolf:Gladiator

it's good, but i really want to get at least THESE people all up to champion before i try to get far with anyone else. but ive also got everyone else at 5th dan so, i think im good for now.

*btw ive played at normal difficulty with everyone until the last arcade, too damn hard so far*

15. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm working at a pretty steady rate of a champion every week or two. I got :
    Akira - Champion
    Kage - Champion
    Jeffry - Champion
    Lau - Champion
    Lei Fei - Champion
    Aoi - Warrior
    Brad - Gladiator
    Goh - 9th Dan
    everyone else is at least 1st dan.

I wanna finish out my first set then start working on my second set so everyone can have 4 suits. Now that would be an accomplishment /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. LM_Akira

Haha /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif to get all chars to champion twice??? Yes quite a feat I'd say. My Kages is now up to Sentinel. Only problem I have is the fact I have far too many games to be distracted b and hence don't play as much VF as I need to in order to rank up all my files. Ah well heres to the long hard slog!

17. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

I dont know if this is a better way of doing it, but pick multiple (all) characters and rise them together to champion rank. I wont let anyone get even one rank behind, when someone gets a rank, I switch character and play until s/he gets same rank until all are in same rank. I guess it wont take anymore time than playing one at the time but I feel like it /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

18. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

or just stay in the first arcade till you get to 1st dan whch is done in about 50 matches, do this per character, then swicth to the next arcde, but your looking at over 1000+ matches a day.

19. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

After 1st Dan though, it's actually easier to rank up. Well, except when you get to Hero...

20. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but when I try to use multiple characters in quest there is a bug that causes me to lose my Training mode stages as soon as someone beats one of the arcade tournaments. For example, if I use Sarah (in addition to others) and beat the second arcade tournament, I get Training Stage 2 as a prize (which I already have) and it causes me to lose the other three stages. Anybody else have this problem? I really want to level as many chars as possible but don't want to lose my items either.