1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got all characters to Champion rank?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by LM_Akira, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

I dont also practise stuff with characters I dont play with, example I cant still dance with Lei, and I forget it, because Im not gonna use him in versus.
    Wolf, however, is one of my main characters now so I guess PGS is something I must learn from both sides, althought it is not neccessary...I just dont want to get stuck in 1p side, like few months ago I could modify Akiras dbpm only in 1p side, I couldnt SPoD and even Shrm was difficult to do consistenly on 2p side. My friend knew this and he could keep me in 2p side with sideswitching throws etc. to prevent from using his massacre combos. I learned that it´s not good to practise stuff only in 1p side, after few weeks practise and playing only in 2p side I learned Akira combos from 2p side and Im not worried about staying only one side anymore.

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yeah I hear on the "moves from p2 side" front. I really need to sit down and practise stuff to be honest but I just don't have the time to. I do still train mainly with my favourite chars too even though I'm slowly getting more interested by chars I used to hate like Jacky and Lau. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Train like a **** and anything is possible... Especialyy with one good stick I don´t have...

4. Aoi_Mei

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:
    I do still train mainly with my favourite chars too even though I'm slowly getting more interested by chars I used to hate like Jacky and Lau. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s what happened to me also, I never thought I´d like Wolf or Shun, and now Wolf is my main characters and Im trying to learn Shun also /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I also liked to play Jacky, wich was most surprising, there was this certain feeling when playing with him...I dont play him anymore thought, but I´ve been considering that.
    "Don´t think, feel!".

5. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

I used to hate Brad and now he's my favourite character. I also hated Maru and now I'm using him. That's pretty strange and funny too!
    In fact, I've left my ex-favourite character Lau a little behind and training Brad. He sure is the best character ever made. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

im also trying out brad now, having finished goh. but my main focus is Lion...punkass coolness /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. the thing i like about him is his stlye is so different then akira, goh, jacky, kage, sarah, etc. i like his combos too /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Ok, now the greatest VF 4 Evo challenge: Who has got ALL characters at Champion rank with a medal in difficulty screen? maybe some ubersoldaat is up to the challenge? Come on; some sport spirit here!
    /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Aoi_Mei

If you mean stantard difficulty, I used it. Challenge completed.

9. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

THE most ultimate challenge of ultimate challenges ever devised WOULD be getting all characters to champions, and finishing their quest 100%!!!!

ofcourse doing this and still being alive is another story /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ur good izha /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

100% for all characters. That askes guts. It's not hard but it's pretty boring with some characters.
    The only real point why you might get all of your characters in rank Champion is versus. Videos looks great when your rank is Champion. And when you promote them you get some experience with every characters. That might help you when you play against them.

Only real challenge is to complete Challenge.

11. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Izha said:

If you mean stantard difficulty, I used it. Challenge completed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean WITH that medal on difficulty level screen intact all the way? Have you beaten all AI opponents? You must be quite a monster...

Gettin´ everything 100% isn´2 that insane that just takes insane amount of time and perseverance :)

I still promote creative playing style above all. Chibita and the likes continuously seem to reinvent VF that way and I enjoy 1P much more as well when I challenge myself, not some flawed (if very nasty) AI. The biggest enemy is yourself.

12. Aoi_Mei

I´ve never used beginner setting. I´ve heard that
    even really high ranks are usually acting like 1-10th dan opponents in stantard level and are beaten up easily...Althought might be interesting to try it out someday, if I want to complete some remaining quest orders without wasting time...
    And yes I´ve beaten all A.I opponents, my Aoi has 100% overall as I mentioned /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

13. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Izha said:

I´ve never used beginner setting. I´ve heard that
    even really high ranks are usually acting like 1-10th dan opponents in stantard level and are beaten up easily...Althought might be interesting to try it out someday, if I want to complete some remaining quest orders without wasting time...
    And yes I´ve beaten all A.I opponents, my Aoi has 100% overall as I mentioned /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the quest king indeed. Out of curiosity, how much competition do you have around you? I thought I played lots of quest, and it seems like it's not even 1/10th of what you've played. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. Aoi_Mei

I have one human player against me, we play nearly everyday so I think I´d do fine against humans too.
    All others are down in south /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
    And yeah Im probably the most experienced player in quest, A.I´s need to work hard to beat me althought many other the situation is opposite...
    I´ll know my true skills when Im gonna visit in south to face the competition there. Im not worried about combos, E-TE´s and stuff so Im quite confident.

Im still playing quest /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

15. AmunRa

AmunRa Active Member

you should enter the vf tournaments. i have sarah,akira,brad,and jacky as champions. i'm working on pai as well. sarah,jacky and pai are on standard and so's akira but i got him to champion on beginner. for the most part i don't usually lose with sarah. the upper ranks usually have a hard time dealing with my "angel arm". oshu akira and black widow seem to be my angry rivals. i'm good against humans too but the competition in new haven pretty much sucks. my brother's excellent but he doesn't play anymore. i beat him more than he did me anyway.

16. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

My only two chams are Jacky and LeiFei, sll of the rest of them are either heroes(none of them are on the Dan or below) or I symply havent used them, I was going to get 2P Jackye to champion too but then I got his Pink shirt and that somehow got me discouraged of using him.

17. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Talking about the quest kings my Brad is in same position as Izha's Aoi. 100% quest success rate. And the one Izha plays against. It almost always my Brad against Izha's Akira or Aoi. Quest is nowadays pretty boring place. I prefer versus.

18. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Well, my data's corrupted, so all I have is 10th Dan Akira. Never mind, I still have my skills learned (Thank God!).

19. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

On my memory card I have champions, but I didnt get all of them myself. They are Jacky,Kage,Sarah and jeff. Ive a few others at name rank, notably Akira and Lion.Although to admit I get to pissed playing standard, especially when its just so tempting to kickass in beginner.

20. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    I got my first champion (jerky). Izha is not a human.