1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got all characters to Champion rank?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by LM_Akira, Dec 19, 2003.

1. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Re: training with all characters to Champion rank?

the arcade computer is terrible because it doesn't play realistically. sometimes it won't guard for no reason, it's reversal crazy, and almost never misses a throw esape on the later stages.

2. Hopkins

Hopkins Member

I am playing on Standard difficulty in Quest mode. (It is only Easy or Standard, correct?)

It's interesting to hear the Quest vs Arcade AI comment.

I have been playing VF4 for less than 1.5 years. My background is that I loved The Way of the Exploding Fist on the spectrum, then later I played Mortal Kombat and One Must Fall 2097 on the PC. Between about 1994 and 2004 I was only a PC gamer but then at the beginning of 2004 I got a PS2 for the sole reason of playing a fighting game, and a bit of research told me that VF4 was the one to go for. (Well, I chose PS2 over XBox because of VF4.) I have no human oponents to play, so I've just been learning via the tutorials, this website and playing against the AI over the last year and a half. I've noticed that some characters are a pain in the arse to play with a joypad - most disappointingly Kage and Akira - but there are still a few that are fine - Aoi and Brad were particularly fun.

3. project_D

project_D New Member

I dont have that much time to get ranking for all characters. I think you should play and love one character.

4. Hopkins

Hopkins Member

Heh, it all depends on how much time you have! Besides, only after playing the game for a bit do you begin to appreciate some characters. I played Sarah to begin with because there was an instant appeal, but now I find her one of the least interesting characters and Aoi extremely good fun!

5. Tgood

Tgood Active Member

NOPE i only got Vanessa and thats it

6. gracjanski

gracjanski Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hopkins said:

Heh, it all depends on how much time you have! Besides, only after playing the game for a bit do you begin to appreciate some characters. I played Sarah to begin with because there was an instant appeal, but now I find her one of the least interesting characters and Aoi extremely good fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. I wont do champion with all characters, but I want to be a champion with Lei, because I want to play with him. Maybe I will start the quest mode with Lau (now 5th Dan), but surely not with everyone.

7. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

I've had Pai on High King but my younger cousin deleted my save /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Then I've had Pai on Champion but my other young cousin deleded my save /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Next I've had Pai and Wolf on Champion and you know what? Yes, my save 'got corrupted' after visit of my cousin /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif . And now I've got Pai on Veteran... (and if I find any of my cousins being closer then 1 mile to my PS2 I'll make FATALITY on him).

@gracjanski:
    bylem na twoim 'holmsajcie', fajna stronka, ale nic nie rozumiem /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. AMG

AMG Member

Im almost there, with Kage. He's a hero and I keep having guardians facing me, puttin my rank in demotion matches. I should half way there since I haven't lost to a guardian. I should be half way there.

9. AMG

AMG Member

I got KAGE to CHAMPION! It took a long time, but I got him there. 578wins and only 100 losses, but I know it will change later. Now to work on my other characters.

10. hfblade

hfblade Active Member

I just got my Jacky to Champion rank today. That took a while but I managed to fight a lot of Guardian opponents while searching for someone with a purple orb. My Akira is the next closest to Champion with a Destroyer rank.

11. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

i got sarah to Champion rank. and i have most of the orbs. hey blaze i'll play you.